Eichel Highlight Reel Goal vs VGK

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
In before "if you don't appreciate this goal and don't think it's the best goal ever you've never played hockey"

In seriousness it's a sick goal.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
That's an unreal goal. It'll go under the radar because it's Eichel though

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
That's an unreal goal. It'll go under the radar because it's Eichel though
It was such an amazing goal I didn’t even realize it was a goal for a couple of seconds. I thought MAF made the save. Happy Eichel got such a great/sick goal.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Eichel was having a really bad game so he needed a moment of genius. Really like the shift from skating power move to chill chip shot.

Reactions: Mortiz

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Was okay. McDavid does that on a nightly basis but just has trouble finishing at times. lol

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Eichel's stride is deceptive, he makes it look so easy. This is the part where I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. The other players are skating furiously trying to catch up with the play, and Eichel just pulls away from them. McDavid is fast, and he looks fast. Where Eichel looks nonchalant but is still fast.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Eichel's stride is deceptive, he makes it look so easy. This is the part where I don't think he gets the credit he deserves. The other players are skating furiously trying to catch up with the play, and Eichel just pulls away from them. McDavid is fast, and he looks fast. Where Eichel looks nonchalant but is still fast.

Yes. His skating is very deceptive in that way. He generates so much speed/power just from how he uses his edges that he doesn't need to take as many strides as other players do to reach/maintain top speed. It's great because all the energy he saves from skating that way allows him to take very long shifts when the team needs him to (late in the game leading or trailing by 1 goal, OT, PPs). Also because he can burn a lot of backskating D who don't think he's coming at them as fast as he really is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad