Euro Hockey Tour: EHT 2012-13 [CZE/FIN/RUS/SWE] • 3rd Stage • Oddest Hockey Games (Feb. 6.-10.)

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Meaningless tourney, no one cares.... Sorry, but that's how it is.

it's still your team defending the honor of you country:shakehead

I agree that the tourney is meaningless, but for a city that doesn't even have elite-serien team it's very sad.

I mean, look at Russia-Finn game in st. peterburg.:help:

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
How's the attendance in Elitserien in general? Because I read that they've only sold like 10-15% of this year's WC tickets in Sweden and they had lots of difficulties with that last year as well. Ticket sells in Finland have gone much better.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
How's the attendance in Elitserien in general? Because I read that they've only sold like 10-15% of this year's WC tickets in Sweden and they had lots of difficulties with that last year as well. Ticket sells in Finland have gone much better.

5737? 77%

0_a4da0_8a2bc9df_XL

1 Frolunda
2 HV 71
3 Brynas
4 Linkoping
5 Farjestad
6 MODO
7 Lulea
8 Skellefteå
9 Växjö
10 AIK
11 Timra
12 Rogle
http://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/teilnahme/412353.html

Fulcrum

Meaningless tourney, no one cares.... Sorry, but that's how it is.

Still very good hockey. Lots of good players and it's competitive. Rosters like an all star game but 10x better to watch.

+ selection. It's not just about the destination but the journey- so watching the players trying their best to impress for NT is interesting.

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
it's still your team defending the honor of you country:shakehead

I agree that the tourney is meaningless, but for a city that doesn't even have elite-serien team it's very sad.

I mean, look at Russia-Finn game in st. peterburg.:help:

Malmö has previously played 16 years in Elitserien.
Why should we suddenly go berserk about seeing uninspired players in a meaningless tourney?
Doesn't make any sense to me.
Doesn't seem like it's a problem selling tickets to WJC though.
But that's a REAL tournament...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Why should we suddenly go berserk about seeing uninspired players in a meaningless tourney?

Interesting point of view. The same meaningless tourney and 12 000 people in Saint Petersburg. You know, tickets for game Russia v Finland were more expensive than for SKA. No problem, sold-out.

Russian comentator of the game Russia v Sweden asked if someone can imagine not sold-out arena for russian NT game in Russia. Who knows the answer?

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Malmö arena kind of sucks, except for the ice level seats that place is really boring, even the tv angle is crap.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Malmö has previously played 16 years in Elitserien.
Doesn't make any sense to me.
Doesn't seem like it's a problem selling tickets to WJC though.
But that's a REAL tournament...

And why should the players be inspired when your attitude is like that.

Fire Marts already, it's awful how he manages this team.

nonoob12

Jun 16, 2012
Interesting point of view. The same meaningless tourney and 12 000 people in Saint Petersburg. You know, tickets for game Russia v Finland were more expensive than for SKA. No problem, sold-out.

Russian comentator of the game Russia v Sweden asked if someone can imagine not sold-out arena for russian NT game in Russia. Who knows the answer?

there is 280 415 people in malmö vs saint petersburgs 5 000 000 so...:facepalm:

its same thing that entire finland would live in one city :D there would be full house in every game easily too even in over 20 000 capacity NHL size arenas .

Mental Mac

Dec 31, 2010
Down Town
Malmö is not a hockey town anymore I'm afraid, soccer has taken over ever since Malmö Redhawks relegated.

Plus tickets for these tournaments (that are getting boring if u ask many swedes) are insane

Fulcrum

Malmö is not a hockey town anymore I'm afraid, soccer has taken over ever since Malmö Redhawks relegated.

Plus tickets for these tournaments (that are getting boring if u ask many swedes) are insane

I agree that EHT needs reformatting. But I don't get you guys. I love following my NT and all the evaluations and games. There's a lot going on and seeing who can step up and be a leader for Russia right now is very interesting. There are olympic roster positions at stake here, and you can tell how some of the players want to show their best as this maybe their only chance.

+ like I said, the hockey itself is pretty good. Of course not the best, but the level is certainly higher than KHL games.

nonoob12

Jun 16, 2012

+ about 30% on people has immigrant background so that explains a lot why football is much popular there.
most of those immigrants come so called non hockeycountries:D

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Maybe it was a mistake by the tournament organizers to put the tournament in Malmö of all places. Sure, the arena is great, but Malmö just isn't a hockey town (except for the golden years in the 90s).

Maybe it had been a better idea to put it in some smaller town but where people actually do care about hockey? Jönköping or Örnsköldsvik for example. Smaller towns, smaller arenas, but people are more genuinely into hockey in those places.

And maybe it was also a mistake to host the upcoming WJC in Malmö for the very same reason, it'll be pretty embarrassing if the arena will be half empty if even that during the games. As I said, the arena itself is stellar but it needs to be filled with hockey fans too, not just a bunch of empty seats.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Maybe it was a mistake by the tournament organizers to put the tournament in Malmö of all places. Sure, the arena is great, but Malmö just isn't a hockey town (except for the golden years in the 90s).

Maybe it had been a better idea to put it in some smaller town but where people actually do care about hockey? Jönköping or Örnsköldsvik for example. Smaller towns, smaller arenas, but people are more genuinely into hockey in those places.

And maybe it was also a mistake to host the upcoming WJC in Malmö for the very same reason, it'll be pretty embarrassing if the arena will be half empty if even that during the games. As I said, the arena itself is stellar but it needs to be filled with hockey fans too, not just a bunch of empty seats.

Isn't Globen reserved this week? Melodifesten or whatever you call your Eurovision song contest qualifier.

Btw, did the person responsible for the typo on the thread title submit Veli-Matti Savinainen into the Swedish tv's database as well? Velli-Matti??? Really?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad