Friedman: Ehlers is available

Ledge And Dairy

If Oiler fans think RNH is any good they should keep him:

nugenry93

nugenry93
LOL at you thi king im an Oilers fan :laugh:
As a FLAMES fan I will literally cheer for any other team in the league. I take offense to this comment.
On a side note RNH is a skilled player, sure he never lived up to his hype but end of the day hes still a solid 2C and way better than Little for the position. The guy literally has had potatoes for winger the last like 6 years. Imagine of he played with 2 of Connor, Wheeler, or Laine, Roslovic.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
LOL at you thi king im an Oilers fan :laugh:
As a FLAMES fan I will literally cheer for any other team in the league. I take offense to this comment.
On a side note RNH is a skilled player, sure he never lived up to his hype but end of the day hes still a solid 2C and way better than Little for the position. The guy literally has had potatoes for winger the last like 6 years. Imagine of he played with 2 of Connor, Wheeler, or Laine, Roslovic.
Lol :laugh:. Never called you an Oiler fan.

You might want to try to understand the graphs posted then comment.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
They aren't trading Ehlers unless the return is perfect.

Anyone is available for the right return and Pesce fits perfectly for positional need, age, performance and contract. In order to get that we'd need to give up something good and our position of strength is Wing. Wheeler has a NMC, Connor and Laine need contracts, Vesalainen and Roslovic are still unproven at the NHL level so Carolina probably would be interested in Ehlers and his value contract to replace Pesce's value contract.

Young player, value contract, term + performance for the same.

Sounds like Carolina wants to move Faulk though which we wouldn't want because he doesn't really have any of the above as 27 year old, UFA to be, playing on the third pair.

I don't see many players out there that check all the boxes the way that Pesce does for us. We would need that to move Ehlers in a hockey trade. We're not looking to trade him just to trade him.

Risto - missing performance. Carlo - Missing contract, etc. There are a couple other players out there that I'd move Ehlers for but those teams won't want to move the players I'd want. Carolina has a surplus of RHD so they could move one to add more scoring. They just appear to want to move the one we (and everyone else) would want the least. For Faulk, Ehlers is clearly a no go.

You have to give to get but it bugs me when people try to make it sound like we're shopping a player when in reality they were probably offered up in one trade for a specific player to address a specific need to make the team better. Any GM should be willing to do that.

You didn't bring up Pulock. I mentioned him. What are your thoughts on him and how far apart is it value wise?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
You didn't bring up Pulock. I mentioned him. What are your thoughts on him and how far apart is it value wise?

I really like him. In fact he was someone I was thinking about when I said there were only a couple other players I'd move Ehlers for. Age, skill and team control wise he's one of the players that I see as a perfect fit. His bomb of a shot as a righty also fits our PP1 setup perfectly and would slot in seamlessly for Buff.

The only issue is that he also needs a new contract next year so he doesn't have the same long term value contract that Pesce does so I think the trade would need to involve more pieces to work out.

I didn't think the Islanders were willing to move him.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Jets need to move Little and Perreault. And Maurice.

Then unleash Ehlers and Laine. Connor is good but he's the only one with no chemistry problems; he's the versatile player.

I agree 100%.

Little and Perreault are expendable and regressing quickly.
Maurice needs to be sent packing because he is an awful coach.

Build the team around Ehlers , Laine and Connor.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Anaheim already poached Winnipeg for Selanne years ago right before we lost our team.

We are not giving that team any more gifts or doing business with them. Move on to somebody else please and thank you.

giphy.gif

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Jets need to move Little and Perreault. And Maurice.

Then unleash Ehlers and Laine. Connor is good but he's the only one with no chemistry problems; he's the versatile player.

Little is going to be a tough pill for another team to take, without another bad contract coming back or Jets retaining.

Best case scenario, Seattle takes him in 2021.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Anaheim already poached Winnipeg for Selanne years ago right before we lost our team.

We are not giving that team any more gifts or doing business with them. Move on to somebody else please and thank you.

giphy.gif

Not really poaching. Winnipeg was the one looking to move Selanne. They just got a lukewarm return.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Cheveldayoff really going to keep his sour milk ass coach and trade his best good possession forward?

This is sort of where I am at.

The Jets have a stupid good line up. They have had some good season success and a bit of playoffs. We all know coaches have a limited shelf life. I'm wondering if Maurice has just run its course.

I dont know. I follow the Jets on the periph so I'm not sure what the temperature is on him as a coach right now. But .... is it possible he needs to go?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad