EHL and USPHL News

Kapn Kaveman

Jun 4, 2011
EHL:

The Eastern Hockey League is adding an Elite Division (So it will go - EHL Elite - EHL- Metropolitan League) for next year.
The Teams for that division are:

Northern Cyclones, New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs, New England Wolves, Vermont Lumberjacks, Boston Bandits, Boston Jr. Rangers and Walpole Express

EHL: Eastern Hockey League | EHL Announces Elite Division For 2015-16 | Pointstreak Sites

USPHL:

USPHL IS MAKING A BOLD MOVE
It has come to my attention that just about every team from the Minnesota Junior Hockey League, with the exception of a few, has committed to become part of the USPHL for next season.
This is a bold move by the USPHL in their bid to become another coast-to-coast power league.
It is expected that a number of teams from AAU's Midwest Junior Hockey League and North American 3 Hockey League will ask USA Hockey for permission to move from their current league to the new super-league.
Look for a release of some type to surface sometime between now and USA Hockey's Winter Meetings in Orlando.

Dec 13, 2010
Legitimately confused about the USPHL possibly expanding to Minnesota, especially absorbing that league...Would the MnJHL become a new division of Empire?

Dec 13, 2010
They already have that though, the Met league.

I guess they're trying to do the 3 levels like the USPHL, but there USPHL's 3 levels are legitimately different. I'd say outside of the top teams at the EHL, most of that league is closer to the USPHL Elite. I just don't see what level of hockey you're going for with the EHL Elite.

USPHL midwest still confuses me too.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
Not a good move by the USPHL!

The MnJHL is not a high level tier III jr league, many of the teams in the Mid-west division used to be part of the Jr. B Great Lakes Jr. Hockey League (GLJHL). Those teams still compete on a level more suited for Jr. B or Jr C than what used to be tier III Jr A leagues such as the NA3HL. Even though I assume they're slated to compete at one of the lower USPHL levels, they're still going to get slaughtered by the East Coast clubs.

The USPHL is adding programs such as the St. Louis Frontenacs (0-24 record), Ironwood Yoopers (1-25) , MN Owls (2-24 and were investigated by the MnJHL for the former coach drinking with players), Chicago Rampage (DNP 14-15), Fort Wayne Feds (DNP 14-15)

Dec 13, 2010
My honest belief is that the USPHL is trying to make as much money as possible for another couple of years before trying to bump Premier up to Tier II...only reason the MnJHL acquisition makes sense. A buddy who's seen it way more than I have puts it well below even the Empire level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad