BRUINS GDT EDSF Game 4 6:40 PM - Washington (1) @ BRUINS (2) - NESN, NBCSN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
GDT by @Alicat

full

full

full

full

full

Game 4 ESDF
Bruins lead series 2-1

Boston Bruins (2-1) @ Washington Capitals (1-2)
6:30 pm ET

National TV:
NBCSN
Canadian TV: TVAS, SN360, SNE, SNO, SNP
Boston TV/Radio: NESN, 98.5 FM The Sports Hub
Washington TV/Radio: NBCSWA, WJFK, Caps Radio 24/7

full

TD Garden, Boston, MA

full

Boston Bruins Twitter

Washington Capitals Twitter

full

Smith's 2OT Winner Lifts Bruins to Series Lead

full

full

full

full

full

full

Tuukka Rask
3 GP | 2-1 | .926 Sv% | 2.27 GAA

full

Washington_Lines_Game4_May212021.jpg

Ilya Samsonov
1 GP | 0-1 | .930 Sv% | 2.10 GAA

full

full

full

full

full

Rest in Peace Mike (AOF)

full

upload_2021-5-21_11-26-25.png

Tonight's Officials

GD19.jpg
TL21.jpg

Referees Gord Dwyer (19), TJ Luxmore (21), Jake Brenk (26)*

Linesmen Ryan Daisy (81), Michel Cormier (76)

Supervisor Paul Devorski

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly

D5M_ClVWAAAtTd9.jpg

upload_2021-5-21_11-29-50.png

upload_2021-5-21_11-30-22.png

upload_2021-5-21_11-30-53.png

upload_2021-5-21_11-31-21.png

upload_2021-5-21_11-31-52.png

upload_2021-5-21_11-32-29.png

Boston Bruins: Media Notes

TONIGHT’S GAME - The Bruins host the Capitals tonight in game 4 of their best-of-7 Round One series ... Boston leads the series 2 games to 1. - Boston is in the post-season for the 5th straight season and 74th all-time in their history ... Their 74 post-season berths are 2nd all-time in NHL history to MTL’s 85. - This is the 6th Round One series for Boston since the NHL adopted the format in 2013-14 and they are 4-1 in those series ... Overall, they are playing their 35th first round series (preliminary series, division semifinals, conference quarterfinals and round one series) with an 18-16 record entering this post-season ... They are 15-11 in those series which have been best-of-7 formats. - The Bruins have a 23-10 record in best-of-7 series in which they have led 2-1 and they are 16-17 in game 4s of best-of-7 series in which they led 2-1.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - Five Bruins - Anton Blidh, Trent Frederic, Oskar Steen, Jeremy Swayman and Urho Vaakanainen - are looking to play their first NHL playoff games ... Swayman dressed as backup in the 1st 3 games of this series. - Brad Marchand is three points shy of his 100th NHL playoff point. - Tuukka Rask is four games short of his 100th NHL playoff game and he is one win shy of breaking Gerry Cheevers’ club mark of 53 post-season wins, as he tied the mark in gm 3 of this series.

INJURIES - Jeremy Lauzon - upper body - Ondrej Kase - upper body - Jakub Zboril - upper body - John Moore - hip surgery

BOSTON vs WASHINGTON, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Capitals have played 3 lifetime playoff series with WSH holding a 2-1 series advantage ... They have played 21 games (including the 2020 round robin game) with BOS holding an 11-10 edge and BOS holding a 53-46 goals for/against advantage. - Their previous series was the 2012 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series which WSH won 4-3 ... That series was the 1st time in NHL history that every game in a 6- or 7-game series was decided by one goal. - Their 1st 2 series were the 1990 Prince of Wales Conference Championship with BOS taking a 4-game sweep ... The 2nd series was a 6-game WSH win in the 1998 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal. - David Krejci the leading playoff scorer vs. WSH with 1-4=5 totals. - FYI: WSH’s Kelly Miller took an unsuccessful penalty shot on BOS’ Andy Moog on 5/3/1990 in the 1990 Prince of Wales Conference Championship series, which is the only penalty shot between these teams and 1 of just 7 taken against BOS in their playoff history ... The 4 OT games between these teams in their 2012 Conference Quarterfinal series was the most in a BOS sereis since their 1939 Semifinal series vs. the NYR ... The last 12 playoff games between these teams have been decided by 1 goal, including 8 in OT.

Washington Capitals: Media Notes

CAPITALS PLAYOFF MILESTONES WITHIN REACH John Carlson - 6 points shy of passing Dale Hunter (72) for the third-most playoff points in franchise history Alex Ovechkin - 1 goal shy of passing Steve Yzerman (70) for the 16th-most playoff goals in NHL history

CAPITALS PLAYOFF MILESTONES RECENTLY ACHIEVED Carl Hagelin - Recorded 50th career playoff point, 5/17 vs. BOS T.J. Oshie - Recorded 50th playoff point with the Capitals, 5/15 vs. BOS

REGULAR SEASON INJURIES/ILLNESSES Man Games Lost: 72

Tonight's Game The Capitals face the Boston Bruins on Friday in Game 4 of the First Round of the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Capitals have an all-time record of 24-21 in Game 4s and an even 9-9 record when they trail a series 2-1. Alex Ovechkin has 20 points (10g, 10a) in 21 career Game 4s. The Capitals have recorded 42 playoff wins since 2015, the second-most wins in the NHL during that span (Tampa Bay: 55). This marks the fourth time the two franchises have met in the playoffs for a playoff series (1990 Conference Final, 1998 Conference Quarterfinal, 2012 Conference Quarterfinal). Washington has an all-time series record of 2-1 against Boston and a 10-9 record in playoff games, which includes last season's Round Robin playoff game in Toronto, which the Capitals won 2-1.

IN THE ZONE - Alex Ovechkin: 3 game point streak (1g, 2a) - Garnet Hathaway: 2 game point streak (2g, 1a)

Note of the Night

PLAYOFF SAMMY - Ilya Samsonov made his playoff debut in Game 3 against the Boston Bruins, becoming the 11th goaltender in franchise history to make his playoff debut. - Samsonov recorded 40 saves in his debut, the most saves by a goaltender in their playoff debut in franchise history. - Samsonov also became the third goaltender aged 24 or younger to record 40 saves in a game in franchise history, joining Braden Holtby (3 times) and Rick Tabaracci (2 times). - Samsonov, who faced 43 shots in Game 3, had faced at least 40 shots just once in his career prior to the Game 3 (Jan. 3, 2020 win at Carolina, 38 saves on 41 shots against). - Samsonov also became the first goaltender in franchise history to play in a double overtime game in their playoff debut. Michal Neuvirth was the only other goaltender to play in a single overtime in his debut (Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal vs. the New York Rangers, April 13, 2011).

GREAT 8 - Capitals captain Alex Ovechkin opened the scoring in Game 3 to record his 800th goal in the NHL (regular season and playoffs) last night at TD Garden. He became the sixth player in League history to reach the milestone and sits three back of tying Mark Messier for the NHL’s fifth highest combined total. - Ovechkin scored his 70th career playoff goal to move past Sidney Crosby (69) and tie Steve Yzerman for 17th place on the League’s all-time list. He also climbed within two of matching Patrick Marleau (72) for the most among active players. - In his career, Ovechkin has recorded 60 points (28g, 32a) in 55 career playoff games immediately following a playoff loss (excluding 2020 Round Robin games), including six points (5g, 1a) in his last four games under these circumstances. - Ovechkin has scored at least four goals in 11 of his 12 previous postseason appearances, second to only Wayne Gretzky (12x) for the most such playoff performances. - Additionally, from 2017-18 to 2020-21 – a span of 42 playoff games – Ovechkin has scored 24 goals (0.57 goals per game).

:bruins:caps

Last edited:

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
This is the game to take control.... Bs- please finally show some killer instinct

Win it 5- 2 with the first line finding its mojo and the Caps face a very large hill to climb

my original prediction was Bs in six ...win tonight and that is the likely outcome...lose tonight and it's a three game toss-up series

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Well I wore sandals to the last game and my feet were cold so I will be wearing shoes tonight.

We are sitting in Loge 20 again tonight. @GahdenRinkRat did a great job getting us tickets. I hope sometime soon to be back in my usual seats.

I say 5-3 Bs. I got it right last game as I said 3-2.

No injuries please. Awful what happened to JT of Toronto last night. I hope he will be OK.

Well Steve ...I made it through my first game back without you. I DID feel you there however. I hope the Bs win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
Well I wore sandals to the last game and my feet were cold so I will be wearing shoes tonight.

We are sitting in Loge 20 again tonight. @GahdenRinkRat did a great job getting us tickets. I hope sometime soon to be back in my usual seats.

No injuries please. Awful what happened to JT of Toronto last night. I hope he will be OK.

Well Steve ...I made it through my first game back without you. I DID feel you there however. I hope the Bs win tonight.

Always be superstitious, don't change anything unless the final score tells you to!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

stephen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad