Confirmed with Link: Edmundson to Toronto

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I’m one of these people, thought he was redundant with Benoit, but yeah, he’s been terrific tonight, probably our best dman through 2 periods. If he plays like this in the playoffs I’ll be psyched!

It what he always did with STL or MTL come playoff time. He's a d build for the playoff and exactly type of d man fan was claiming for years

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
I honestly didn't think it was possible to get older, worse, and more expensive this TDL but Treliving found a way.

How he could look at this roster and think Edmundson was the ticket to the cup is beyond me. Just a completely baffling unforced error. Not a franchise crippling mistake mind you.

But another diaper on the fire.

Anything Treliving does we can be sure it will be at least two things: expensive and stupid. Now at almost $100M the Leafs have the highest salary in the league. Lol... when he first got hired I thought it would be the cowardly lion running things.

Turns out it's the scarecrow.

Just getting by is acceptable enough for me. It shouldn't be for the flagship franchise with the highest salary of the NHL however. It would be difficult to even imagine that being the bar for anyone other than this bumbling oaf of a GM.

I'm all giddy inside knowing Treliving's in charge making trades like this.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
I honestly didn't think it was possible to get older, worse, and more expensive this TDL but Treliving found a way.

How he could look at this roster and think Edmundson was the ticket to the cup is beyond me. Just a completely baffling unforced error. Not a franchise crippling mistake mind you.

But another diaper on the fire.

Anything Treliving does we can be sure it will be at least two things: expensive and stupid. Now at almost $100M the Leafs have the highest salary in the league. Lol... when he first got hired I thought it would be the cowardly lion running things.

Turns out it's the scarecrow.

Just getting by is acceptable enough for me. It shouldn't be for the flagship franchise with the highest salary of the NHL however. It would be difficult to even imagine that being the bar for anyone other than this bumbling oaf of a GM.

I'm all giddy inside knowing Treliving's in charge making trades like this.
You watched the game tonight and came to the conclusion that Edmundson is a bad tdl acquisition?

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Missed the game

Can someone describe his game tonight?
To keep it short. He made Drai his bitch tonight.

I saw a lot of you were upset at obtaining Eddy. He's not flashy, and he does a lot of things that go unnoticed. I bet your goalies will love him though. As well as your players, since he'll be the first to stand up for anyone. Injuries have taken their toll on him. Though if he can stay healthy, I think as a group, you'll be happy with what he brings on and off the ice.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
You watched the game tonight and came to the conclusion that Edmundson is a bad tdl acquisition?

I'm sure Edmundson will be a fine bottom pairing defenseman, but he is faaaaaar from a difference maker, except in a negative way.

If they really wanted to contend they would have made the big move when they had the chance. Trade Nylander and a bunch of futures for Guentzel and Karlsson (retained). But Shanahan doesn't have the balls to do anything so radical.

And that's why the Leafs will never win the cup.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm sure Edmundson will be a fine bottom pairing defenseman, but he is faaaaaar from a difference maker, except in a negative way.

If they really wanted to contend they would have made the big move when they had the chance. Trade Nylander and a bunch of futures for Guentzel and Karlsson (retained). But Shanahan doesn't have the balls to do anything so radical.

You just playing NHL 24 and come up with that hypothetical trade with Pittsburgh? Wild takes all around from you really.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I remember when Justin Holl shut down McDavid in the regular season during the two-game series.

Looks like people are hyping Edmundson this time around.

Let's see what happens in the playoffs.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Edmundson was brought in as depth and sandpaper.
Nylander has a NMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad