Seravalli: Edmundson to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Doesnt move the needle. Literally no point

They aren’t one Edmundson away from the cup. So why even bother spending the assets on him?

If he was a supplemental piece acquired after fixing up the real problems with the roster it would be fine.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

They aren’t one Edmundson away from the cup. So why even bother spending the assets on him?

If he was a supplemental piece acquired after fixing up the real problems with the roster it would be fine.
What if we acquire that top pair D after getting him ? He's not expected to be a top pair guy logging 25 minutes a night, but I wouldn't mind him on the bottom pair for the playoffs, he was a pain in the ass when he was on the Habs in front of the net.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
i heard they blocked anyone who ever shared an omar tweet un-ironically

elon's going nuts

but no, i can login like always

I'm getting the "something went wrong please try again later" whenever I try to log in.

It's only been about an hour. so it's not a big deal yet.

EDIT I just looked it up and it says non verified accounts can only read 600 posts a day, it's about 36 hours until the deadline so maybe I reached that.

Maybe they logged me out until tomorrow.

If That's the case that's ridiculous

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
What if we acquire that top pair D after getting him ? He's not expected to be a top pair guy logging 25 minutes a night, but I wouldn't mind him on the bottom pair for the playoffs, he was a pain in the ass when he was on the Habs in front of the net.
Problem is he eats a decent amount of salary. Even with double retention it eats away at more flexibility that the team doesn’t have. I don’t know of many top pairing D available that earn peanuts.

Reactions: AvroArrow

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
What if we acquire that top pair D after getting him ?

If we get Parayko then by all means.
And I can see Treliving doing this because he does recognize the D is where this team needs the most help.

Reilly-Parayko
McCabe-Lyub/Liljegren
Benoit-Edmundson

Brodie would obviously have to move to make cap space for Parayko and Liljegren probably sits for Lyubushkin.
Then they've got Lily, Lagesson, Giordano and Timmins (the latter too when healthy) as depth.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
I thought he was alright for the Caps this year. A defensive minded vet w winning playoff experience. A warm body worthy of a bottom pairing.

Caps gave up a 3rd and 7th w habs eating half his salary this offseason so I imagine the Caps would like a 3rd or 4th back?

Leafs .. if serious about a Cup run ... why not toss a late 4th.

Leafs .. time is now!

do i get the keys today? my insurance doesn't kick in until next week

Reactions: Neil Racki

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
do i get the keys today? my insurance doesn't kick in until next week

Young man, you already have all the keys you need to win at life .... in your mind.

2pzj16[1].jpg

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
OMG NO!! He is complete garbage. If Tre does this, then he needs to go. He is doing nothing to keep up with the big boys. Florida and Colorado made huge trades. If we don't get at least 2 solid D men, then it will be another first round exit. Sick of it. Sick of the GM not doing shit to get us a cup. This isn't a "we need to think about the future" bullshit. We need to win now while the big 4 are still in their prime. JUST EFFING SICK OF THIS TEAM not doing anything to improve and compete with the big teams. Rant over.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Edmundson is truly awful. Habs fleeced the Caps earlier in the year. If the Caps can get a 4th for him they should be happy.

Leafs would benefit much more by paying more to get Jensen who would actually contribute.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
It seems so I would go after Parayko or Larsson. We need rh defenseman for Rielly.

I would love either but idk how we acquire Parayko when they haven't even asked him to waive his NTC and Seattle is saying they aren't trading defence.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I would love either but idk how we acquire Parayko when they haven't even asked him to waive his NTC and Seattle is saying they aren't trading defence.
it's a good question but if we're talking specific types of players they should be brought up. I know it seems like could be a longshot but I'm sure they will try to get someone.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Edmundson is truly awful. Habs fleeced the Caps earlier in the year. If the Caps can get a 4th for him they should be happy.

Leafs would benefit much more by paying more to get Jensen who would actually contribute.
Has he really been that bad ? When healthy he was a perfectly ok defensive defenseman, though I admit he had issues when Saint-Louis came in and couldn't figure out the new system.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Has he really been that bad ? When healthy he was a perfectly ok defensive defenseman, though I admit he had issues when Saint-Louis came in and couldn't figure out the new system.

Ya he had been really bad for the Capitals. A friend that is a Habs fan had good things to say about him at the time of the trade but he has clearly regressed.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Edmundson Oilers are the parent team of the Fort McMurray Oil Barons.

;)

Because 1st round exits suck too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad