Edmundson Contract

Edmundson's new 6-8 year contract

• Total voters

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
If we would’ve done it this year I would’ve imagined that it would have been very similar to a Mattias Ekholm or a Marvin scandella 4m for 4 or 6. As for in two years, if his offensive production shoots up im a little worried it may approach the 5-6 territory for term. Nonetheless this is a guy we need to pay.

Mar 6, 2012
Call me crazy, but I think he's more important to the team than Parayko.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
In a sense, yes, because he's the only top quality guy we have on the left. On the right you have Petro and Parayko. With Edmundson out, the top-pair takes a big hit.

Chief Steele

Jun 26, 2018
I went 4.5 to 5, I think we will have to over pay a little but he is needed. Army will have to be a mastermind to pull off some of the signings we have coming up but the future is solid for the Blues

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I think it ends up being a 4-5 year deal with the AAV right around $4.5M

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I'd be very surprised if the AAV comes in under 5. We're only buying one RFA year and the rest are UFA years. Ian Cole just got 3 years at $4.25 mil as a UFA. UFA Calvin de Haan got 4 years at $4.55 mil per season and he was coming off a seasson ending shoulder injury suffered in December. I'd take Ed over both those guys with absolutely zero hesitation. With the cap increasing every year, Ed would be crazy to sign anything for more than 3 years that saw him making under $5 mil AAV. You're just buying too many UFA years for the one RFA year to bring down the cap hit under $5 mil.

I think we do a 4 or 5 year deal at just a shade over $5 mil AAV. That would have him hitting UFA after Parayko by a year or two but before Petro's next deal expires.

If we go 6+, I think it is north of $5.5.

Last edited:

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
I went 5.5-6 , His play this year is going to cost us a pretty penny mark my word, the ole Dizee special. He just keeps getting better, you can clearly see his growth. Parayko is better but is growing at a much slower pace, I would not be surprised in 2-3 years if Ed is the better player. He is catching Colt pretty quickly IMO

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I went 5.5-6 , His play this year is going to cost us a pretty penny mark my word, the ole Dizee special. He just keeps getting better, you can clearly see his growth. Parayko is better but is growing at a much slower pace, I would not be surprised in 2-3 years if Ed is the better player. He is catching Colt pretty quickly IMO

Eddy will never have the escapability, and puck-handling skills that Parayko has. CP55 can stick-handle the puck around a guy in his own corner and lead a rush the other way for a scoring chance. Edmundson will never do that. Eddy is the more accurate shooter, but Colton should be able to work on that as he matures. Parayko can be a 40-50 point two-way monster. Joel may never get 20 assists in a season, nor should he be expected to. He's a valuable guy, especially considering the weight he carries on the left side of the ice, but unless he's signing for 8-years at $2.5M/year, there is no way he's ever more valuable than Parayko, let alone become the 'better' player. I think that sells short the talent Parayko has, even if he never becomes a guy we all know he has the skills to become.

Reactions: Alklha

Saint Loser

"(they) are unavoidably unsafe" - SCOTUS
Mar 16, 2018
100% agree! Edmundson can single-handidly shut down right wing rushes.

Now if only we can shut down another right-wing rush next month.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Will be interesting when the expansion draft happens. How to protect Petro, Parayko and Ed. Dunn has a high ceiling too. We will definitely lose somebody we won’t to this time around.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Will be interesting when the expansion draft happens. How to protect Petro, Parayko and Ed. Dunn has a high ceiling too. We will definitely lose somebody we won’t to this time around.
Right now it should definitely be 4 and 4. Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn and ROR being the forwards.

Sets us up to lose a pretty decent forward (Steen, Bozak, Maroon, Fabbri...Perron again lol) but there's not going to really be a way around it. Oh well. Those guys are all complementary pieces right now that could be replaced. The core should be protected.

Reactions: byrath and Brockon

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Right now it should definitely be 4 and 4. Tarasenko, Schwartz, Schenn and ROR being the forwards.

Sets us up to lose a pretty decent forward (Steen, Bozak, Maroon, Fabbri...Perron again lol) but there's not going to really be a way around it. Oh well. Those guys are all complementary pieces right now that could be replaced. The core should be protected.

Could depend if we extend Petro and Schenn too. Arent they both FA’s right before the draft?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad