Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Vs Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Jurco is the only bottom 6 forward who has had some jump and created something the last few games while useless plugs like Khaira and Granlund continue to not only be useless but actually be liabilities so the answer is to take Jurco out? He has 5 forwards in the bottom 6 who do nothing outside of the penalty kill. I like Tippett but this is why I didn't want another veteran defense first coach for this team.
Also, Chiasson on the 2nd line needed to end like yesterday.

I agree. I thought Jurco looked decent last game. I still think Haas deserved more of a chance. I understand that Tippett wants pk’ers in the lineup but it just seems like hes fixated on size and grit like other veteran coaches. We need more speed and skill in the lineup, not less.

Reactions: Pomee

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Tipp must have liked Manning's aggressiveness last game. They can't afford to have Nurse in the penalty box, so let the Dog get involved in the ruff stuff.
And completely destory their break out game. Can't wait for him to get "mean" when he gets beaten to loose pucks all game and turns pucks over because his stick got tapped and his inability to make quick ups real great stuff going from a team who actually had a transition game to a team with 1 pair that is capable of not just chipping the puck out every shift.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I agree. I thought Jurco looked decent last game. I still think Haas deserved more of a chance. I understand that Tippett wants pk’ers in the lineup but it just seems like hes fixated on size and grit like other veteran coaches. We need more speed and skill in the lineup, not less.

PK can be perfect but if you're not going to score those players are all useless. So yeah, we need some speed and skill to balance it out with offense or they'll just have to rely on McDrai allllllllllll season. ugh.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
Actually think this game sets up better for our style than Minny or Wpg. With the lower end teams, they tend to lock it down, which obviously frustrates our big dogs. Teams like Pitt, Wsh etc usually bring out the best in them

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Actually think this game sets up better for our style than Minny or Wpg. With the lower end teams, they tend to lock it down, which obviously frustrates our big dogs. Teams like Pitt, Wsh etc usually bring out the best in them

Agreed. The caps aren't the team that will clog things up and make getting a shot an exercise in swimming uphill in molasses in winter time.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
While Granlund doesn't contribute much offensively and squanders chances he gets at least he's even getting chances and plays a generally smart game. Granlund isn't going to be why you are losing games. Neither will a smart forward like P Russell be. Khaira on the other hand..

Also agreed that Jurco is better up with Nuge line than Chiasson is. But the change was probably needed as it seems Jurco may be the kind of player that requires reminder to bring his game every game. For sure Jurco looked like he had the best hands while in bottomsix.

I'll be patient with Jurco though because injuries are always a scare to him and he's still learning some ropes. The reality is he needs to expose himself more, get more in puck competition fray, but its limited his career so adversely I can see some trepidation.

I agree fully, from Granlund to Jurco. Jurco has talent, best suited for bottom 6, give him patience, here isnt quick fix a thing, he has injury history. Thou´ didnt know that PRussel was a smart forward, but thats on the positive.

Chiasson and Khaira though. Come on guys, you are in your primes, is this how you want it to be?
Your team needs that you show you have any talent that the contract rewarded you with. ´cause it isnt just the link to Leon and Nuge, that you are here... right?

It will not be a day to late when Yamamoto and Benson kick those players out of the lineup.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
that's so crazy it might just work

Sheahans line has one task, play hard, play 0 -0.
Lagesson is much all that, and Persson is such a good puckhandler, and IQ, that he could be a libero/quarterback hybrid. Two defenders on a forwardline might also help the transition, they understand each others situation, and help each other out. Sheahan is a good center to glue this mission together. Im a beliver. It will 100% be better than what Khaira Sheahan Archibald brings.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Draisaitl-McDavid-Kassian
Chiasson-RNH-Neal
Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald
P.Russell-Granlund-Gagner

Nurse-Bear
Klefbom-Russell
Manning-Benning

Koskinen

Not sure if posted

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Not only is he the new Lucic, he's WORSE than Lucic. -5 and 0 points, 8 shots
Lucic has 2 points, -2 and 15 shots. When you're worse than Lucic you shouldn't even be in the NHL.

I bet its about what happend to a lot of earlier oilers/ even nhlers. They have their confidence broken. Starting to doubt themself, negative mental states. I guess thats why Tippet plays him, he wants to give him the comfort to fail, to get his game together. Just a guess.

I dont know. But Im also frustrated that such a talented player as Jurco, cant for his life be a helping hand offensively. I will give him patience, because his history, but it would be like open a floodgate in bottom 6, if he find his inner self.

And how can the team gets Archibald going. I think there is a player. Somewhere.

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
If our bottom 6 sucks all year I will get very frustrated with Tippet. He is giving me indications he's got the old school Canadian biased grinder vibe. Dinosaur coaching. Not the recipe for success in today's NHL. You need speed and skill on every line. Our record is a mirage.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If our bottom 6 sucks all year I will get very frustrated with Tippet. He is giving me indications he's got the old school Canadian biased grinder vibe. Dinosaur coaching. Not the recipe for success in today's NHL. You need speed and skill on every line. Our record is a mirage.
Nothing wrong with having a PK / grinder 4th line, which we have a decent one of. The biggest problem with the bottom 6 is that we don’t seem to have the personnel for a decent two way 3rd line. I think Nygard and some guys from the AHL later in the year will make for a decent one, but right now it’s pretty much nothing.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Jeff O’Neill having a meltdown on Overdrive lol

This is epic O’Slob. He’s so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad