Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton Vs L.A

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Feeling very uneasy knowing that Klefbom and Davidson won't be in the line-up.

Whoever is in goal is probably going to have to stand on their head to keep us in this game.
If I'm L.A I focus all my efforts into keeping Hall and Drai on the outside.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Davidson is skating so are we sure he won't be in. Hopefully the team can squeak out a win to keep in the hunt but LA is really rolling right now.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I can't see a win tonight given our opponent and who's all injured, but maybe if our goalie stands on his head, we have a chance?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
This defence is so disgustingly bad.

Klefbom went from perhaps back on the road trip to may never play again..............

Nothing will ever go right for this team.. ever. And if it does seem go right.
The hockey gods will fix it. See Connor McDavid. Win the lottery.. haha suckers.. broken ****ing clavicle!

I'll bet the kid doesn't stay healthy his whole Oiler career or gets hurt so much his play suffers permanently. Why? Because we are the Oilers! doomed to suck ass for eternity.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Optimism is wearing thin... feeling a big loss tonight.

I'd love to still be in the playoff mix come the trade deadline, but after these last 2 losses to the teams we're chasing, my confidence is waning.

We need a healthy lineup in the worst way.

czar99

Nov 19, 2008
Shultz'z Place
This defence is so disgustingly bad.

Klefbom went from perhaps back on the road trip to may never play again..............

Nothing will ever go right for this team.. ever. And if it does seem go right.
The hockey gods will fix it. See Connor McDavid. Win the lottery.. haha suckers.. broken ****ing clavicle!

I'll bet the kid doesn't stay healthy his whole Oiler career or gets hurt so much his play suffers permanently. Why? Because we are the Oilers! doomed to suck ass for eternity.

That's the spirit!:nod:

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
We play well at home, and I think our PP will be revitalized with Hunt back there.

Call me crazy, but I'm calling for a 5-4 win.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I wonder how many shifts it will take before McLellan realizes that there's a good reason why Brad Hunt has spent over 200 games in the minors.

Don't get me wrong, I get the reasoning. PP is outright losing us games, injuries have hammered us and the other replacements so far have been failing spectacularly. I just do not expect him to do anything but give at best a marginal improvement on the PP, while at the same time be an absolute circus act in his own end...just like the other times he's been called up here. He's a less effective MAB, which isn't much of a hockey player.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
All LA has to do is matchup Doughty vs Hall and the Lucic line vs the Nuge line
If they do these 2 things, they will have an easy win

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It's one thing to nitpick about how a player has been playing poorly... but to be flat out negative isn't gonna help you sleep any better at the end of the night.

Do we have issues? Sure. Hopkins + Eberle + Pouliot = 16M in annual salary that is playing like dead weight on most nights.

Our 1st and 4th best d-men are hurt and we only have 4 d-men who can play like NHL d-men on our roster. (Fayne can be solid on other teams but can't seem to catch onto what our coaching staff is doing here.

It's been a while since we've seen this many injuries constantly pile up and that's saying a lot... but that doesn't mean that we're doomed forever.

To believe that we will suck forever is to believe in the statistically impossible.

Why

Jan 15, 2014
Edmonton
Love the optimism!!!!! I think we pull this one off tho. I would like to think they're pissed off after the weekend and come out hard (stupid I know)

McDeathbyCheerios*

Didn't he also get placed on IR recently? :help:
Just remember, you can retroactively place someone on the IR. So he could play next game still. It was done so we could call Hunt up who is replacing Nikitin tonight.

McLellan says Davidson might play NYE

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
I have a really bad feeling about this one. Not sure how this is going to play out. Talbot has been good lately, but I have a feeling the shots are probably going to be 2:1 in favor of LA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad