Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton v Vegas. He’s Aliiiiiiiiiive.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Getting ready for the Game 1 announcement on Mark Stone in 2 weeks

693674A5-43EE-4038-AE0D-1A7529E4EB88.gif

17E528A0-9C4E-435C-9745-C90922921978.gif

0CD4CBB0-01A1-4DEB-A9A9-957BE48FF8F2.gif

Mark Stone will arise from the dead Game 1. Thomas Hertl who was “out for the season” is supposed to miraculously be ready to play Vancouver tonight.

F966CF37-0787-4706-8AC9-4A0C2C0D33B2.gif

316BD703-8FAD-4057-BC25-A6AD725F1D21.gif

40C115BA-7C72-4FD1-B939-118673D82CAC.gif

Which begs the question, we want to catch Vancouver so do we cheer for the Miracle Cure Knights to beat the PDO Canucks or the other way around as we want to see the Injury Fakers cross over and play Dallas? Classic fan dilemma.

D20B9D3F-783A-49A7-9757-DDD0CFAB4C8B.gif

What will the lines be vs Vegas? Does Stetcher get in? Does Carrick draw back in? Does KK load up the top line? Certainly Skinner gets the start? Does Kane get the message? Will RNH ever score 5v5 again? When do I get my underwear back off the flagpole? So many questions!!!!

559818BB-682B-427E-A852-0661AAD421F0.gif

1E56C6B9-62C1-473F-AE86-1E8B5DC53B97.gif

Either way it should be a good game as DOWN THE STRETCH WE GO.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
Pretty big game. Playing for division win. Possible playoff preview, but also pushing Knights back to WC to avoid them in the 1st round in case Oilers don't win the division, and hopefully WC2 in case that Oilers do win it.

Two important games left in the regular season, this one and the Nucks game.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Feels like a playoff match up with these guys is inevitable. I say bring it on.

Pretty sure both Hill and Thompson are injured at the moment?

We outplayed these chumps last time but got goalied. Hopefully we can take this one, then we need some success on the upcoming back to back and the division will be ours !

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
This. Our fans freak out when they see big, strong, alpha men get mad at one another. It's sports, this shit happens all the time.

This incident is a looking glass into people's experience and/or bias.

Those that hate Kane or were over the top dramatic when we signed him - they're going to try and spin this to the moon to justify their original stance. "See I was right all along!"

Those that have never played hockey don't grasp that this is a pretty routine occurrence on benches/in the room at all levels so they blow it out of proportion.

The right answer is probably somewhere in between. It's a relatively common occurrence that was probably needed to be delivered to Kane because he's been horrendous managing the puck the whole year and needs to be held accountable for it, and was. Not really much more to it than that.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like the brothers fight comment by Perry. So true, and I think that even people you're close to, friends, family, there are disputes and its better to have them than not have them. Stuff that gets stated to a person isn't left in the closet as secret agenda.

Conflict natural and expressing it fine. Perry and Kane Stepbrothers. Maybe that could be a playoff theme. Would be some great photoshop opportunities.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It was 66% totality today here in Phx. I actually wouldn’t have known it was going on other than the amount of sunlight was “dimmed” somewhat, but it was still sunny, warm.

A Big non event.

No naked women dancing and chanting to the sun and moon gods was what I really found disappointing. Naked women dancing always seems to improve the situation.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not here, thats for sure. What did we get at totality, 30-40%. Didn't notice any darkening.

Hopefully we're still around for the next total here.

It was 66% totality today here in Phx. I actually wouldn’t have known it was going on other than the amount of sunlight was “dimmed” somewhat, but it was still sunny, warm.

A Big non event.

No naked women dancing and chanting to the sun and moon gods was what I really found disappointing. Naked women dancing always seems to improve the situation.
1979 I still remember the wave of darkness sweeping over, the birds start singing and the animals start going "oh shit" Well at least they do in Far Side Cartoons.

My cat didn't even notice the eclipse on our walk around.

Students in Edmonton, G1-12 were all mandated to stay in class, inside, today during the eclipse. Sign of the times. Guess you can't let students outside with the simple instruction not to stare at the sun now. you have to assume they will do it and not listen...sigh...

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I like the brothers fight comment by Perry. So true, and I think that even people you're close to, friends, family, there are disputes and its better to have them than not have them. Stuff that gets stated to a person isn't left in the closet as secret agenda.

Conflict natural and expressing it fine. Perry and Kane Stepbrothers. Maybe that could be a playoff theme. Would be some great photoshop opportunities.
Bears fight. If you haven't watched this you don't know what a fight is. If you're squeamish don't watch the fight.

Edit: this isn't a age restricted video, it's been watched over 4M times on YT, playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

Edit #2: longer video with additional footage. If you watched the first video link you still haven't seen a real fight.

That's just the way it is.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nally

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Not here, thats for sure. What did we get at totality, 30-40%. Didn't notice any darkening.

1979 I still remember the wave of darkness sweeping over, the birds start singing and the animals start going "oh shit" Well at least they do in Far Side Cartoons.

Students in Edmonton, G1-12 were all mandated to stay in class, inside, today during the eclipse. Sign of the times. Guess you can't let students outside with the simple instruction not to stare at the sun now. you have to assume they will do it and not listen...sigh...
Some Canadian and US school districts cancelled school outright. I mean you wouldn’t want to use this once in a lifetime science experiment to be used as a learning experience. My favourite teachers were always those that could pair book learning with practical application. SMH.

I also remember the 1979 one. I was in high school, we probably were in the parking lot drinking beer but we still were at school and were learning ;).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I didn’t even know we were getting one today and yes I live under a rock.

My biggest takeaway from today is that @Drivesaitl walks his cat.

And they wonder why people believe the Earth is a globe. Sheesh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00