Speculation: Edmonton trading MacDavid + Draisaitl

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
This is a pure fantasy trade. Would Edmonton be better off trading their 2 top players?

Trade 1:

Edmonton get:
- Barkov 5,9M
- Huberdeau 5,9M
- 1st 2021

Florida get:
-MacDavid 12,5M

Florida get the best player in the league and get the attention of the hockey-world. This skyrockets the ticketsales in Florida. Edmonton get 2 elite players and a 1st.

Trade 2:

Edmonton get:
- Teuvo Teräväinen 5,4M
- Ryan Dzingel 3,375
- 1st 2021

Carolina get:
- Leon Draisaitl 8,5M

Carolina get an elite C/W for Aho. Edmonto gets 2 very good wingers and a 1st. Theese two trades absolutely make Edmontons PK very good and makes for 2 top-lines and also provides 2 extra 1st round picks to get D with or use in trades. WHO makes the trades from a Edmonton pow and who declines?

Huberdeau-Barkov-Neal
Dzingel-RNH-Teräväinen

Reactions: Jerkbait

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Trade 2 has to be one of the worst on HF boards. Trade 1 never happens for obvious reasons.

Exhibit A on why people should not do drugs and post.

Trade 1 would be for marketing reasons on Floridas perspective. 2 cost-controlled elite players and a 1st for the best player in the game. Attendance goes up and Florida get the attention. From Oilers perspectice it immediatly makes the team better. Barkov+Huby are a dynamic duo and instantly becomes fan favorites in Edmonton.
Trade 2 is a bit worse I admit. TT though is a very good player. He has progressed every year and comes on a very affordable 5,4M for the next 5yrs. He is also one of the leagues best PKers. Dzingel, while not as good, is a serviceable 2/3W and a 1st isnt nothing. Maybe got to sweeten the deal with another pick?

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
8F791064-3B13-46B0-9F67-C3677F49E45F.gif

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
Value wise I don’t think trade 1 is terrible. Still not great. I feel Edm would want another now piece instead of a first rounder.

If this were to happen you have to make the decision if it’s trading them to make your team deep. Or committing to another re-tool/build. So if they’re trading for depth draft picks do them no good as they have their own to supplement their new core.

The thing is. Everyone says anyone can be traded because Gretzky was. But he was more or less sold. Since money or cap room can’t be exchanged a McDavid trade becomes very tough.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Value wise I don’t think trade 1 is terrible. Still not great. I feel Edm would want another now piece instead of a first rounder.

If this were to happen you have to make the decision if it’s trading them to make your team deep. Or committing to another re-tool/build. So if they’re trading for depth draft picks do them no good as they have their own to supplement their new core.

The thing is. Everyone says anyone can be traded because Gretzky was. But he was more or less sold. Since money or cap room can’t be exchanged a McDavid trade becomes very tough.

I actually had Ekblad - Neal in there before putting the 1st. That would be too bad for Florida though to pull the thrigger. As good as MacDavid is they cant totally cripple their team. Edmonton has the audience even if they play an AHL team. Florida doesnt. This would make Oilers better instantly. Obviously they could do only trade nr 1 and field this:

Huby - Barkov - Neal
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto/Kassian

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I think the McDavid/Draisaitl-led Oilers are more dangerous than what they would be after these moves.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I actually had Ekblad - Neal in there before putting the 1st. That would be too bad for Florida though to pull the thrigger. As good as MacDavid is they cant totally cripple their team. Edmonton has the audience even if they play an AHL team. Florida doesnt. This would make Oilers better instantly. Obviously they could do only trade nr 1 and field this:

Huby - Barkov - Neal
RNH - Drai - Yamamoto/Kassian
In that instance EDM could add a D-man to even out and then take a “future” to even out.
But that’s the thing. It’s tough for a team to pay everything for McDavid and still keep on their own path.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Trade 1 would be for marketing reasons on Floridas perspective. 2 cost-controlled elite players and a 1st for the best player in the game. Attendance goes up and Florida get the attention. From Oilers perspectice it immediatly makes the team better. Barkov+Huby are a dynamic duo and instantly becomes fan favorites in Edmonton.
Trade 2 is a bit worse I admit. TT though is a very good player. He has progressed every year and comes on a very affordable 5,4M for the next 5yrs. He is also one of the leagues best PKers. Dzingel, while not as good, is a serviceable 2/3W and a 1st isnt nothing. Maybe got to sweeten the deal with another pick?

Trade 2 is still terrible and you have to add like 3 1st rounders.

Oilers had a top-2PK for a while until the goalies became sieves for an entire month dropping them to 10th. Don't need TT.

The only trade I'd consider making for Draisaitl is Andrei Svechnikov AND Sebastian Aho. Forget the picks.

Last edited:

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I dont think the first trade is awful, not that the Oilers would ever do it. If they absolutely had to trade McDavid for some unknown reason, they could do worse. Trade 2 is baffling. Horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad