Edmonton Roadrunners sign Martin St. Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This isn't exactly brand new news, but has anyone here seen him during his OHL days? I believe he was 3rd in OHL scoring last year, and, of course, he's small, so he went undrafted. He was fairly impressive in the rookie camp, and chose to turn pro instead of going to university at Dalhousie.

Any thoughts on him?

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
I saw him in the Memorial Cup this past year. I can't say he impressed me all that much. He's a small guy who carries a ridiculously huge stick, but talent wise he didn't jump off the board to me. I mean, he's talented for sure, just never impressed me I guess.

leafaholix*

He's Martin St. Louis... minus the speed, muscle, strength, and skills.

So really... he's not much like Martin St. Louis. But he does carry a big stick, literally.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
As I said in a previous post, I absolutely can't stand this kid. Sure he had a good year as a 20 year old playing against mostly 16-18 year olds and some 19 but he is small and not fast enough to make the NHL. He is also very unsportsmanlike and if he pulls any stunts in the AHL he'll get his head knocked off.

Last year in the playoffs he gave a bunch of little kids the middle finger after scoring a goal because they were baning on the glass. I mean that kind of things happens every game.... he needs to learn how to deal with it and grow up !!!

Guy Flaming

trahans99 said:
As I said in a previous post, I absolutely can't stand this kid.

He is also very unsportsmanlike and if he pulls any stunts in the AHL he'll get his head knocked off.

that kind of things happens every game.... he needs to learn how to deal with it and grow up !!!

For argument's sake I'll take you at your word that this stuff actually happened.

With a room full of character players, former captains and role models like Jarret Stoll, Kenny Smith, Toby Peterson, Mike Bishai, Jeff Woywitka, Doug Lynch... a coach like Kelly Buchburger... an organization run by Kevin Lowe... exactly how long do you think it would take before some one explained to him that something he did was not acceptable behaviour of a professional.

I'd say about 30 seconds. He'll get the message pretty quick, if he hasn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad