Prospect Info: Edmonton Prospect Watch

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Hello gang.

I am starting this thread to unveil my new Oilers prospect project. I have started a YouTube channel called “Edmonton Prospect Watch”. I consider myself a prospect junkie, and have always found it difficult to track Oilers prospects highlights. So I thought I’d do it myself. I have some editing ability so I thought I could combine two of my hobbies into one awesome project that I hope some of you can enjoy.

What you can look forward to:

• Starting next season every time an Oilers prospect gets a point I will find the video, and upload it on my channel.
  • Season highlight videos for most Oilers prospects starting this year.
  • Shift by Shift videos featuring different Oilers prospects. (These are time consuming so they will be more rare, my goal is 2 per month.)

I created the channel two days ago and I have my first two videos up, with a Ryan Mantha Shift by Shift coming soon. Enjoy!

I won’t be monetizing any of my videos.

I’m just getting started with this channel so I'm open to any and all critiques and ideas for other videos.

Thank you.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hello gang.

I am starting this thread to unveil my new Oilers prospect project. I have started a YouTube channel called “Edmonton Prospect Watchâ€. I consider myself a prospect junkie, and have always found it difficult to track Oilers prospects highlights. So I thought I’d do it myself. I have some editing ability so I thought I could combine two of my hobbies into one awesome project that I hope some of you can enjoy.

• Starting next season every time an Oilers prospect gets a point I will find the video, and upload it on my channel.
  • Shift by Shift videos featuring different Oilers prospects. (These are time consuming so they will be more rare, my goal is 2 per month.)

I created the channel two days ago and I have my first two videos up, with a Ryan Mantha Shift by Shift coming soon. Enjoy!

I’m just getting started with this channel so I'm open to any and all critiques and ideas for other videos.

Thank you.

This is awesome. Ill make sure to check it out and spread the videos. I really like highlight vids (4-5 mins ones), so that is maybe what you could add using this footage. Either way, respek

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Fantastic initiative. Kudos for taking the time to do this!

Watching the shift-by-shift video on Berglund right now. I've never seen him play and I have to say I'm positively surprised at how good his mobility is. Definitely didn't expect that. Seems like he's a better prospect than I originally thought.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Fantastic initiative. Kudos for taking the time to do this!

Watching the shift-by-shift video on Berglund right now. I've never seen him play and I have to say I'm positively surprised at how good his mobility is. Definitely didn't expect that. Seems like he's a better prospect than I originally thought.

That was my main takeaway as well. On top of that he seems very smart, moves the puck well and plays with some edge. Very positive.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I always appreciate the work you do for the prospects. Its always great reading what you have to say about them. You got me subbed to your YT, bud!

Kolja

1-5-6-14
Oct 30, 2011
Fantastic! for us lazy sobs, can you post your videos in this thread aswell when you put em on YT?

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Atta boy McMozes! I've always appreciated the work you do keeping an eye on our prospects, can't wait for your page to really get going!

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I always appreciate the work you do for the prospects. Its always great reading what you have to say about them. You got me subbed to your YT, bud!
Make sure you hit bell for notifications . Low subs right now so they might not post them on your sub page.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hello gang.

I am starting this thread to unveil my new Oilers prospect project. I have started a YouTube channel called “Edmonton Prospect Watchâ€. I consider myself a prospect junkie, and have always found it difficult to track Oilers prospects highlights. So I thought I’d do it myself. I have some editing ability so I thought I could combine two of my hobbies into one awesome project that I hope some of you can enjoy.

Thank you.

Awesome . I am sure 99% of Oiler fans will appreciate this . Looking forward to future videos . I subscribed so I will get an email as soon as they are up .

I also started a channel for a little person . He is small and gets bugged a lot so I bought him a MacBook pro for him to do it . I know the dedication it takes to do his short little videos so all I can say is thank you on behalf of all Oiler fans .

Any views for my little buddy would be appreciated by any Oiler fans . I will post a link . Don't want to take away from your work .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpzQmujKGVG-8PXrlU8qUwQ

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Hello gang.

Thank you.

Good stuff Mozes, nice initiative to keep the rest of us informed on the Oilers prospects. Will definitely bookmark and keep an eye on it :handclap::thumbu:

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Here is the Ryan Mantha Shift-By-Shift

Embedded YouTube videos don't seem to be playing well on mobile.

Here is a link to the video.

Edmonton Prospect Watch

Also I will have a John Marino Shift-By-Shift up soon.

I will post that one and the Berglund, Niemelainen ones in their threads for discussion.

Thanks gang.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Here is the John Marino Shift-By-Shift

Once again embedded YouTube videos don't seem to be playing well on mobile.

Here is a link to the video.

Edmonton Prospect Watch

I will post this one and the Berglund, Niemelainen ones in their threads for discussion.

This week I hope to have season highlight videos from Benson, Niemelainen and Vesel up.

Thanks gang.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Nice vid on Gambardella. From what I can tell, he has good speed (not super fast, but definitely not slow -- probably above average, which is fine), has a very good shot, very nice hands in close (and soft hands in general), and has good vision with the ability to make some very nice plays/passes. Certainly seems to have top-9 potential, and is a natural center, which is nice. We definitely need more center prospects, as Rasanen is our only high quality center prospect who has a good chance to make it to the NHL as a 3rd or 4th line C, IMO. I would definitely lump Gambardella in with Rasanen in terms of having good NHL potential. 3rd line C is going to be a position we're going to need a long-term solution for, and at least we have a couple good prospects now, with hopefully one of them being the answer (or possibly whomever we get in the first or second round in the draft this year, or possibly a UFA signing as a short-term answer).

Last edited:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks for the Vesel and Cairns videos. I haven't seen much of anything from either of those 2 so its nice to at least get a glimpse (albeit highlight videos don't show everything). Cairns looks like a big solid kid, and looks like he skates and moves the puck well. Vesel looks like he's got some solid skill and above average skating and looks like he reads the play well on the defensive side of things.

Has there been any word on if we plan to sign Vesel? I'd imagine we would even if it only amounts to helping out Bakersfield. Seems like he's at least got a chance at making it to the NHL level, albeit maybe not the greatest. Another thing he has going for him is he's a RH shot, although come to think of it Bakersfield has a lot of RH shots and our need for a RH shot is technically in the top 6 as Kassian, Slepyshev and hopefully Pitlick will fill out the bottom 6 in that regard.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Thanks for the videos again Mozes.

Cairns highlights were pretty funny. Looks like basically all of his points come from secondary assists on the PP. Almost all of them were copies of each other more or less.

Certainly nothing there that makes me think that he's got what it takes to get to the NHL. I question what scouts were seeing with this guy.

Was it just because he has some size and skating? Some reports say he has a good/heavy shot, but for someone who has a good shot he sure doesn't seem to score many goals.

Maybe just the case of a player who looked good in lower levels but can't adapt in higher levels. I actually kind of question if he'll even play in NCAA next year, or if he'll have to go back to USHL first (or stay another year in BCHL)

With the way he has played this year I very much doubt he's ready for NCAA hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad