Edmonton Oilers Season Preview

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Good read, great job. I agree with most. I think the Rienhart Nurse question in camp will be the most intersting. IMO Drai is on the team, just a matter of which defenceman shine.

Also you can swap Fayne and Sekera as the first paring, doest really matter. Both those parings will play about 23 mins a night. Ference and Gryba will be solid enough if they only play 14 mins a night.

stompinstoms

Sep 1, 2014
Vancouver
Good read, great job. I agree with most. I think the Rienhart Nurse question in camp will be the most intersting. IMO Drai is on the team, just a matter of which defenceman shine.

Also you can swap Fayne and Sekera as the first paring, doest really matter. Both those parings will play about 23 mins a night. Ference and Gryba will be solid enough if they only play 14 mins a night.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, I agree that Fayne/Sekera can swap with Schultz/Klefbom with ease. Neither pairing is solid enough for sole top-pairing duty, so making them share the job makes a lot of sense.

I also am now pretty sure Draisaitl is on the team, especially with the way McLellan is running camp with him on a line with Yak and Lander. That could be a wild card of a line, and if it works out the Oilers will have three solid scoring lines for the first time in a decade (or 25 years, even).

McLellan, by the way, seems to already have the boys more prepped for the season than Eakins ever did by the time the regular season started. LOVING IT!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad