Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If the Edmonton Oilers were to go on a run, would this put pressure on the Calgary Flames to get into the playoffs and do good?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
There's clearly contact there for sure, but after that he gets that blade down on the ice AND gets his next stride on the ice with control before electing to tuck his knees for a splashless entry.

Meanwhile, Bjugstad (and other Oilers) were back and in position to beat him to the puck, so it was an entirely needless penalty. It was a penalty, but it was also a dive.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
There's clearly contact there for sure, but after that he gets that blade down on the ice AND gets his next stride on the ice with control before electing to tuck his knees for a splashless entry.

Meanwhile, Bjugstad (and other Oilers) were back and in position to beat him to the puck, so it was an entirely needless penalty. It was a penalty, but it was also a dive.
I can agree with that

Reactions: bucks_oil

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I can agree with that

I don't think we've ever agreed... feels.... icky.

Edit: and I might just add, sure it's a penalty, but given the standard they'd set throughout the game and the fact he wasn't getting to that puck anyway, it seems strange to have called THAT at THAT point in the game. If you are going to game manage and "let them play", then it better be a clear call on a clear chance... that play and that puck wasn't going anywhere other than rimmed around the boards by Bjugstad and out the other side. Desharnais and the ref both lost the plot.

Last edited:

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think we've ever agreed... feels.... icky.
Hah, it’s a fair assessment. It was a trip but it was also quite the stumble before he actually fell. It’s a fair assessment that he sold it a bit

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
if the stick isn't making contact, then it's not a crosscheck. call it a rough if you want, but that's as much a penalty as the elbow to the face that was let slide for zero reason.

I didn't notice Danault at all last night. I did notice Gavrikov positively though.

So you missed him shadowing Mcdavid or the shot he took that got through on the tying goal that Kopitar tapped in? The last ones pretty hard to miss.

Reactions: JackTColton

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
So you missed him shadowing Mcdavid or the shot he took that got through on the tying goal that Kopitar tapped in? The last ones pretty hard to miss.
By the fancies Danault got speedbagged. The end-game results were in the Kings favour this time, but if the high danger chances are 6-1 Oilers every game with Danault on the ice the rest of the series, I don't think it'll be in a series the Kings win.

McDavid had 5 shots on goal and high danger chances were 8-3 in his favour. Korpisalo was very good. I think it's being slept on a bit in this thread how good he was.

Reactions: Byfield

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Has this thread just been 49 pages of arguing about reffing? Lmao
I mean, it will be the crux of the series. It will be decided with special teams. Edmonton is a team practically built around their powerplay. They have to generate them in order to survive. They will always perpetually never have enough powerplays.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
and we still won half the games. Imagine what we'd do when our percentages regress to the mean. This is why Oilers fans aren't especially worried.

Also... are you sure about that? Edmonton went 2/4 on the April 4th game alone.
Sorry 2 for 12 my bad.

Two of those games without Anderson (McDavided), Vilardi, and Fiala.

LA is such a different team with Fiala. It’s not an excuse but it would be like the Oilers without McDavid honestly impact wise.

All the talk about those last two games mean Jack shit.

Maybe Fiala will be back by Christmas but it’s a big break for the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad