Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs LA Kings (P3) | LAK lead 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Not going to lose any sleep if the Oilers lose this series, this is entertainment, just fun and games with no real bearing on my life or yours. The outcome of a hockey game is as meaningless as the outcome of a movie plot or novel. Whatever happens the Oilers have had a very entertaining year to this point and McDavid and Draisaitl will still be wearing Oilers jerseys next year, it’s all good! I’ll personally be super happy for the fanbase of whoever wins the cup this year. Cheers to Kings fans on a great game last night and good luck tomorrow, let’s all enjoy the rest of the playoffs guys!

Sincerely,
your brother in hockey,
Barry Halls
I thought I was on HF boards, can someone send the link so I can go back so I can get my daily fill of spit and venom :)

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
By the fancies Danault got speedbagged. The end-game results were in the Kings favour this time, but if the high danger chances are 6-1 Oilers every game with Danault on the ice the rest of the series, I don't think it'll be in a series the Kings win.

McDavid had 5 shots on goal and high danger chances were 8-3 in his favour. Korpisalo was very good. I think it's being slept on a bit in this thread how good he was.
I agree. The Oilers were by far the better team at even strength, and this with Nugent-Hopkins, Hyman, Kane, and (notably) McDavid all having relatively "nothing" games. With the PP's being 6 to 1 for L.A. in the latter half of the game, it was inevitable the Kings would get chances to come back, and, to their credit (and the ref's credit in overtime), they made the most of it and did.

These things will tend to even out over six or seven games. If the power plays are even from here on, the Oilers will win the series.

The only concern is that Edmonton's PK was dog-crap in game one, after being amazing in the last 10 or so games of the regular season. It's been hit-and-miss all season, and if it goes into a black-hole suddenly right now, they're in trouble. But I still think the deeper, more talented team is going to win out over seven games.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
6 straight PPs is kind of a joke. Regardless of which team gets them
Not if you keep putting sticks in faces and skates. They call that all the time. Refs suck... think we all know that, just immaturity from the Oilers...according to Leon

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Are they really though? Edmonton was 5th for 5v5 goals in the regular season and LA was 18th in the league.

And yea they were also first for PP and SH goals in the league too. There is a reason people valued them highly coming into the playoffs. They were a complete scoring machine.

Shhhh you're hurting his narrative.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
They are at that, but they still rely more on their powerplay than just about any other team in the postseason. Their historic powerplay this year was pretty remarkable as they scored like 30% more goals on the powerplay than most other playoff teams and their powerplay was on another plane of existence being 6.4% more successful than those in just second place.

It is not just playing the Kings, but Edmonton's key to beating all teams and winning a Stanley Cup will be utilizing and capitalizing this weapon against opponents now that are defensively stronger with better goaltending. They aren't going to get through the West and the East with just 5 on 5 play. They need to use their superweapon and achieve the complete scoring machine if they want to have any hope of lifting the cup.

Arguably the Kings relied on their PP just as much if not more.

Their strategy all year has been make 5 on 5 a slog and win the special teams battle. Just they have an elite PK and an NHL elite PP, instead of a mediocre pk that scores an insane amount and the best PP of all time.

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
Woohoo, great news for the Kings. Im guessing Iaffalo moves back to the 4th line. That's how deep the Kings are. 36pt Iafilo on the 4th line.
No. Arty to line 4 with Ras & Grundo. Iafallo Liz and Gabe on line 3. It will also push iafallo to pp2 as Gabe plays pp1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad