GDT: Edmonton Oilers @ Montreal Canadiens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The battle between two teams playing well under expectations. Game starts 7:00 PM EST.

We know McDavid will bring it. Which captain of ours will we see tonight?

MAX.jpg

R77's Pre-GDT probably line-up:
Tomorrow's likely lines, according to AC:

20rkhs.jpg

Last game:

My thoughts
Well, every game is kind of important now. While I thought the US Thanksgiving rank was somewhat overblown in terms of playoff hopes, I think where we sit by the 2018 NHL All-Star Game will be pretty telling.

We play in a weak division, so we are still in it though Boston has a few games in hand. By the time we play them, they'd have caught up and assuming we are still in the mix, that game will be crucial.

Anyhow, Oilers have been just as inconsistent as us. I think losing 2 straight should mean we'll see a very motivated Habs team come out tonight, especially with the prospect of heading into a 4-day break potentially losing 3 straight.

Expecting Habs win, 3-2.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
not sure why...but im expecting a good spankin tonight...we don't do well against backup/rookie goalies, or struggling teams...i think EDM wins this and it won't be close

Reactions: David25

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
Haha, funny one!! Good job ....... especially the play offs captain and annoyed one....

A bit apprehensive. Getting to the "don't really care" stage. I won't see another cup or even a long run before I "go" I'm sure now. (Still I've witnessed a few since '68, none more appreciated than '86 and '93)

Bergevin really messed up the probable window, wasted the gamble of trading for Weber which was obviously a "win now" move. (Which I still deplore) Now other teams in the east are trending up and probably have a better chance than we will in the next 6-10 years. (T.O. gag)

Oh well, please play with heart win or lose.

GHG

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Always cheering for the CH but this might be the one Habs team that I despise the most.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just don’t let it get to 3 on 3. Our talentless hack of a captain will take a wrister from 30 feet out, miss wide and then it’ll be the McDavid show. You know, a captain who actually uses his speed and size to cut to the net to try and score.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Does anyone know if there are any rules buried in the ticket agreement prohibiting signs that are negative toward the team?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Oh I laugh so much with that funny montage. But after my laught I was thinking about that guy who have hurt feelings. I hope he doesn't see that, this web discussion becomes some kind of harrassment, let this captain alone for a while, he's a human after all.

Just for you guys, he'll bounce back with 2 goals tonite. With the help of Drouin, 2 passes.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
not sure why...but im expecting a good spankin tonight...we don't do well against backup/rookie goalies, or struggling teams...i think EDM wins this and it won't be close
lol. Like a lot of other signs that the Habs are the Old Maple Leafs .....they face back up goalies even when the oppositions number one goalie is healthy.

Habs have become one of those teams where you rest your top goalie while playing them.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
lol. Like a lot of other signs that the Habs are the Old Maple Leafs .....they face back up goalies even when the oppositions number one goalie is healthy.

Habs have become one of those teams where you rest your top goalie while playing them.

When you know the Habs are playing for a low scoring game, why not start your backup. Most of the other teams game plan will be worked around how they’ll score 2 or more goals, not how they’ll keep 2 or more out.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Saturday night. The usual dinner and movie. Try be back in time to catch the last 10 minutes...........of the Pens game.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
When you know the Habs are playing for a low scoring game, why not start your backup. Most of the other teams game plan will be worked around how they’ll score 2 or more goals, not how they’ll keep 2 or more out.

It's indeed the correct choice for Edmonton to make, which is still an indictment of the quality of our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad