Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Oh agreed. I just think his weaknesses are smaller than you think.

That being said - the fact that he's better without McDavid or Draisaitl does also come with the caveat that Ceci is maybe the biggest analytics black hole in the league. He tends to sewer every pair he's on every game.

Although that being said - him and Kulak bucked that trend in game 6 / 7, so who knows.
Honestly he makes so many mistakes in his own zone, lots of bad passes, giveaways etc.

He just doesn’t spend a lot of time in his own zone, which is the best kind of defense.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Has the last 8 years not solidified it enough that it does not matter the level of competition the Leafs face? LA would mop the floor with the Leafs, so would the 21-22 Flames, the 23-24 Canucks, the 22-23 Knights, the 21-22 Avs, etc.

The teams the Oilers lost to would beat the Leafs but also the Oilers. The Oilers have never beat a contender in the McDrai era.

• Haha
Reactions: Kerberos

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The teams the Oilers lost to would beat the Leafs. The Oilers have never beat a contender in the McDrai era.

This Canucks team would beat the Leafs for sure.

LA's teams they've beaten probably not - Leafs would beat those teams. The '22 Calgary team would be a coin-toss but I'd probably lean CGY given the G/D advantage.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This is such a Leafs fan thing to care about

30937709-a683-47e5-89a5-7b8ee4cc3beb_text.gif

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
The teams the Oilers lost to would beat the Leafs. The Oilers have never beat a contender.
The teams the Oilers beat would beat the Leafs. The Leaf's biggest enemy is themselves, they are perennial chokers. Their stars go MIA every May and the team has no answer. They wilt under adversity and their only series win came from Tampa Bay completely imploding in a very leaf-like fashion.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

LA's teams they've beaten probably not - Leafs would beat those teams. The '22 Calgary team would be a coin-toss but I'd probably lean CGY given the G/D advantage.

I think Calgary would easily win that series. Edmonton just broke Markstrom that series in a way I've not seen before. He was a Vezina finalist that year.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I don' t like riddles. Frig of Ricky.

lol… not old enough to remember 2012 and somehow can’t navigate a search engine…

The playoffs are emotional, you should know that… last time you made the finals Burrows was biting Boston’s fingers….

The point is… you can’t rationalize this away. You lost… close, almost and what if don’t matter.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

This Canucks team missing Demko/Boeser against a healthy Leafs or a Matthews/Nylander/Woll out Leafs? Both teams had key injuries this playoffs.

This Canucks team against the Leafs with an injured Matthews and losing Nylander for the first 3 games - of course.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
To loosely paraphrase Tina Turner.....what's "want" got to do with it? If their low % shots don't go in and ours do, it's literally a different outcome.

The shots were 29 per game for Edmonton to 21 per game for Vancouver… that’s not “the bounces just didn’t go our way”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad