Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
8 months of Canucks fans swearing that the Oilers' injuries and puck luck to start the year didn't matter and look where we are now...

Hey you did beat us by one goal in game 7 without 2 of our 4 best players.. 🤷‍♂️ I guess we can both play that game this year.

Good series though, GL against Dallas.

Reactions: Szechwan

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
He's relatively better without either of those two than they are without him. Like 58% xGF.

That's how good he and Ekholm have been this post season.
Playing with them so much, and having a high ozone start % is a massive benefit. Oilers used him to his strengths.

Reactions: Szechwan

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
The Canucks were getting extremely impressive goaltending from a 3rd stringer. Not otherwordly but remarkable given the situation. And Tocchet still couldn’t put a game plan together to get more than 18 shots a game vs Nashville/Edmonton.
What would have you done differently as a coach to get the 12M $ man going? Not sure Tocchet it at fault. Players need to play.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Oilers were the much better team in this series by the stats. If anyone lucked out to have this series go 7
1716267680006.png

It's okay to admit that Edmonton got extremely lucky

Attachments

• 1716267671228.png
    1716267671228.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 4

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What is he like when he’s not on the ice with Mcdavid and/or Drai?
his expected goals against doesn’t really change, his expected goals for goes down but that’s to be expected when you are playing with 3/4 liners instead. Still a positive player.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Was a good series. Not having demko was a blow to the Canucks but silovs ended up being their best player so it's difficult to quantify how much of a difference demko would have been. It sucks not having BB for game 7 but it was one game.

The oilers had a one-legged Drai against the flames 2 years ago when they lost to the avs. Good teams find a way to overcome injuries and the Canucks replacement for Demko came through. The rest of the team simply wasn't good enough.

Oilers aren't going anywhere with the Skinner we saw in this series. Hopefully he can turn it around against the stars but I expect to see Pickard or even Campbell next round at some point.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Oilers were the much better team in this series by the stats. If anyone lucked out to have this series go 7 it was the Canucks.
Idk man. People were showing me stats saying canucks were the better team tonight, so idk if I can really trust that stats guy anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad