Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers Defeat the Vancouver Canucks, 4-3, advance to WCF

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Wow, I don't think this is a fair take based on this series alone. The kid had FIVE goals in 7 games... from the D position. He was absolutely dominant, and to be perfectly honest, was the scariest Oiler on the ice most games... especially on the PP. He was a terror.
Scariest was most def Dria then McDavid .

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Great series from both teams....but let's be honest, the best thing that could happen was the Demko injury...but not for the Oilers for the Nucks.
They do know now that they have a great goalie in the making and should trade one of their goalies next season and invest in other areas.

And comon, nobody here thinks that the series would have gone different with Demo in net, Silovs was the best Nuck by far...I wish Boeser had played the last game, he was great in this series but I dont think it would have changed the outcome.
Hopefully we see us again next year in the playoffs.
Nonsense. I can assure you the Canucks were not elated to be missing it's star netminder. Silovs was good, and far better than expected from an AHLer who didn't even have that great a season. But he didn't stand on his head, didn't steal any games, and has lots of work to do (tracking point shots).

Demko was a Vezina finalist. There is a difference between good and great goaltending.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Depends what Joshua gets. I think he has earned his payday. Zadorov at 6Milly is too much for my liking.

Zadorov is good at 4-4.5M. He had great moments this playoffs but didn't prove to be a difference maker worth greater than the 4's.

If anything I'm giving that additional money to Lindholm, he makes us way better/deeper.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Wow, I don't think this is a fair take based on this series alone. The kid had FIVE goals in 7 games... from the D position. He was absolutely dominant, and to be perfectly honest, was the scariest Oiler on the ice most games... especially on the PP. He was a terror.
He did good, but he was far from the scariest Oiler on the ice.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
LOL I've never heard someone tell someone else to bite their finger. Is that an insult or?
Obviously you are new to this…

1716267379412.jpeg

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Dallas is complete top to bottom . They have size and speed. They are the cream of the crop in the west this year. Will be a massive hill for the Oilers to climb.
It will be a very easy and short series for Dallas. Mcdavid is running on empty playing 50 minutes every game against Canucks and Drai got injured in the Canucks series. So Canucks lost in game 7 but soften up the Oilers for Dallas. Since am a Tanev fan, I will cheer for Dallas to sweep them.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
It will be a very easy and short series for Dallas. Mcdavid is running on empty playing 50 minutes every game against Canucks and Drai got injured in the Canucks series. So Canucks lost in game 7 but soften up the Oilers for Dallas. Since am a Tanev fan, I will cheer for Dallas to sweep them.
It could be short . It could go to 7. I'm not going to try and predict the next series. It will probably be a good one.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I thought Silovs played incredibly well despite his SV%. I'd take him on my team in a heartbeat.
Can’t tell me he didn’t steal a couple games this series. Canucks fans should be ecstatic with their goaltending going forward. Some fine tuning with the roster and they’ll win the division again next year.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Bouchard is the reason the Oilers won this series. He and Ekholm were incredible. I felt like 90% of the game I was waiting for them to get the f*** off the ice so the Canucks would get a scoring chance.
The swing from Ekholm and Bouchard being out to one/both of Ceci and Nurse being out has to be the biggest swing in NHL history if you're an opposing fan.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Canucks were getting extremely impressive goaltending from a 3rd stringer. Not otherwordly but remarkable given the situation. And Tocchet still couldn’t put a game plan together to get more than 18 shots a game vs Nashville/Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad