Friedman: Edmonton looking to move Matt Hendricks; Minnesota a possibility?

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
During HNIC Headlines tonight, Elliotte Friedman stated that Matt Hendricks would be a healthy scratch with Edmonton tonight and that he believed the Oilers were trying to move him. He also said that Minnesota could be a fit there.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Edmonton plays MIN on Sunday so GMs would probably be in the same building.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Not sure why Edmonton is interested in moving him? He's a heart and soul kind of guy, sure he's older but he's a good locker room guy. Not like they can get anything of value

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Not sure why Edmonton is interested in moving him? He's a heart and soul kind of guy, sure he's older but he's a good locker room guy. Not like they can get anything of value

I'd imagine Letestu is a better fit for that fourth line role and they already have McDavid, RNH, Draisaitl down the middle.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Why would Minnesota target him?

I don't think the quality of Minny's 4th line is incredibly high he can probably find a regular spot there. Also a versatile veteran can play all 3 forward positions, hits hard, can PK, can fight, decent shootout option, and is a great leader and team first guy. He's also from Minny and Boudreau knows him well from when he coached in Washington.

Hendricks is the kind of veteran player you see teams target to make a playoff push, quality depth if nothing else.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Please somehow turn this into a trade for Brodin. Please hockey Gods we've suffered enough on defense.

Hendricks + 2017 1st. Hell take Reinhart too

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Good soldier, heart and soul 4th liner, have better forward options thats it. Solid Leader, captained team USA in the WC a few seasons back.
Hes overpaid but contract ends soon. Not expecting much if he is traded.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
It will hurt to lose Hendricks, one of my favourite soldiers for the Oilers in recent memory, but yeah he's been passed on the depth chart. I hope he can make an impact somewhere.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Can't see the anyone being super eager to pay up for an older 4th line vet.

Also from an Oiler's pov, it doesn't make much sense to move him. He's one of the established leaders around the team. Even if he's not on the ice, he's still a valuable member to around the dressing room.

He's an idea 13/14th forward at this point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he's moving on best of wishes to Matt. Hell of a character hockey player probably on his last hurrah in the NHL this season or next. It's not so much that he played himself off of the team as others took advantage of their opportunities while he was injured.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Please somehow turn this into a trade for Brodin. Please hockey Gods we've suffered enough on defense.

Hendricks + 2017 1st. Hell take Reinhart too

No, EDM fans have made it known on numerous occasions that Brodin is garbage, and that they don't want him.

I could see MIN doing a trade of something really small for Hendricks. MIN could use some life and commitment from their players, and need a smart veteran player on their fourth line. I would also guess that BB would have to approve of Hendricks, and would want someone who he can rely on in the dressing room. Right now, the Wild appear to be a disjointed, dispirited bunch who lack consistency.

Don't know what Hendricks salary is, but if it's anything over 1M, the deal ain't gonna happen, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
No, EDM fans have made it known on numerous occasions that Brodin is garbage, and that they don't want him.

I could see MIN doing a trade of something really small for Hendricks. MIN could use some life and commitment from their players, and need a smart veteran player on their fourth line. I would also guess that BB would have to approve of Hendricks, and would want someone who he can rely on in the dressing room. Right now, the Wild appear to be a disjointed, dispirited bunch who lack consistency.

Don't know what Hendricks salary is, but if it's anything over 1M, the deal ain't gonna happen, unless it's part of a bigger deal.

He makes 1.85 million . Dumba makes works for the Oilers . We can add our 1st :naughty:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

Not really what we said . We are concern as his numbers have dropped . We also would not trade RNH for him .

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
just take a draft pick and free up some cap space hendricks for 3rd be fine

A 3rd sounds a little high doesn't it? If he's been passed on Edmonton's depth chart (By the likes of Caligula, for example) wouldn't that move him into 5th or 6th territory?

Last edited:

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Absolutely zero needs for a guy who is effectively worse than Ryan Carter.

If we get him for free and EDM retains 50%, he is still not worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad