Elks: Edmonton Elks Part 2

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I remember going to an Elton John show about 10 years ago. The ages in the crowd were mostly about what you'd expect. Spent half the time getting up and sitting down for people going by us to and from the bathroom.;)

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I remember going to an Elton John show about 10 years ago. The ages in the crowd were mostly about what you'd expect. Spent half the time getting up and sitting down for people going by us to and from the bathroom.;)

So they went from watching John to going to the John is what you're saying?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Great start to a thread about Edmonton Football.

In the toilet already. Anyway.

I was looking at STH sold. Looks like between 20yd lines is good in lower bowl. But anywhere else be hurting. No way of seeing how many just retained or how many are newer STH. I think they need minimum of 20K STH just as a starter. Not sure how this all works revenue wise either. 14 game schedule is announced, which seems pretty compressed to me, but also missing 4 games and preseason games. So appreciably less gate and less games on, for TV revenue and advertising. Still don't think they get 14 games in. That would mean playoffs go into December, in Canada...Even with play every week there is no way to get this done without playing games in December.

samiam

Oct 4, 2010

I was looking at STH sold. Looks like between 20yd lines is good in lower bowl. But anywhere else be hurting. No way of seeing how many just retained or how many are newer STH. I think they need minimum of 20K STH just as a starter. Not sure how this all works revenue wise either. 14 game schedule is announced, which seems pretty compressed to me, but also missing 4 games and preseason games. So appreciably less gate and less games on, for TV revenue and advertising. Still don't think they get 14 games in. That would mean playoffs go into December, in Canada...Even with play every week there is no way to get this done without playing games in December.

I think it’s already a given that there are going to be games in December.
Wasn’t the Grey Cup recently announced for Dec 12th in Hamilton?

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I think it’s already a given that there are going to be games in December.
Wasn’t the Grey Cup recently announced for Dec 12th in Hamilton?

That's the current plan for the 14-game schedule. 16 week regular season starting August 5th with Grey Cup in Hamilton December 12th.

I suspect with the late start for crowds in Ontario where there will be no home games in Ontario until at least Week 4, likely means most of the Prairie teams will be playing their Week 14-16 games in either Ontario or BC Place, but the western semi-final and final could get dicey for weather. Will definitely need to be an afternoon game with at least a 1:00 start time.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Manitoba and the Bombers by extension are the ones that concern me. Hopefully things clear up their sooner than later with the ever rising case counts.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

Can’t play every week with 9 teams in the league unless some teams are playing twice per week.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
There's been a few things just in the last week, but really I was just poking a little fun.
I knew you were, no issue.:thumbu: But seriously, until the media starts hyping things up, other than a little blurb here and there, the fans usually take their cue from that.

Reactions: oilers'72 and bone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad