Edmonton defeated Ottawa 9 times this season.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Sorry Sens fans, hope your team gets gud fast.

They will, they just need to avoid the Chiarelli special...Oh we made the playoffs, mortgage the future for magic beans! Most rebuilds fail because teams try to accelerate it once they start winning. Colorado is a good example of being patient.

Dr Drai being in the top 5 for most points in a season against one team is crazy...Guys has straightup Benzin im Blut... (posting the song cause its a meme)

Reactions: TheNumber4

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Actually though now I’m curious, do the Flames have a winning record against anyone in the division?
Calgary is 3-1-0 against Montreal and 4-2-0 against Vancouver so far.

They have a losing record against everyone else though.

3-4-1 against Winnipeg
2-4-1 against Ottawa
2-5-1 against Toronto
2-5-0 against Edmonton

Reactions: Cloned

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Ottawa plays out of their mind against the Leafs, and play like Ottawa the rest of the time.
I honestly don't think Ottawa has played Edmonton that bad aside from the one blow out loss when Edmonton played Skinner in net. They just can't seem to shut down McDavid and Draisaitl, and they don't have the developed skill in their lineup to match those two when they're firing on all cylinders.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
And I think the Oilers are only 2 games above NHL .500 minus the games against Ottawa.
This isn't really different than other seasons though. Edmonton will play 16% of their games against Ottawa this season. Over a full season you usually play at least 16% of your games against bottom 5 teams in the league. The only difference this year is that it's the same team instead of being spread across 5 bottom teams. People make far too much out of the division format and beating up on the bottom team, when normally you get to beat up on 4 or 5 bad teams for the equivalent or even larger % of your games over a full season.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Out of a possible 540 minutes the Senators led for just 19:30 (3.6% of the series). They held 3 different leads (9:38, 3:45, 6:07) and never twice in the same game. They never held the lead after a period and never in the 3rd period.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I wonder how recently this has happened before. The closest I found was Ottawa losing 8 of 9 to the Nordiques in 1992-1993 and the San Jose Sharks losing 8 of 9 to the Calgary Flames in 1992-1993.

In 07-08 the habs went 8-0 against the bruins in the regular season then beat them in the first round. Probably the closest in recent history

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Can only play the teams you are given, why aren't you guys undefeated against the Sens?
In part because the Leafs historically play down to their opponents and in part because they are a heated rival that tends to get up for Toronto.

I'm not entirely sure what "playing the teams you are given" has to do with anything? You were given all those other games and are showing just above .500 versus the rest and below .500 vs the playoff teams. I'd be more concerned how I fare there, unless you feel you will be facing Ottawa in the playoffs?

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad