Connor

Aug 17, 2015
:stars
Fayne
Brossoit

:edmonton
Niemi @ $3.625
Backman

Minor trade, could help both teams in different ways. With retention on Niemi, cap hits and contract situations are virtually identical.

Oilers like Brossoit so it is unlikely he would be part of the trade.

Fayne FOR Niemo at 3.625 straight up.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Broissoit is a good prospect I'm not trading him for older more expensive niemi.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Neimi is not much of an upgrade if at all. Brossoit is there back up goalie or starter of the future. I dont think they would make this trade with not much upside coming back

I dont kno wmuch about Backman other than hes a left handed D prospect which Oilers have 200 of. Maybe hes better than a lot but still in Reinhart/Osterle/Simpson/Jones terriority

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Why the swap of underrated prospects? Also, no real need for either team. Both GMs just say "meh" and don't pull the trigger.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Oh well, if Oiler fans don't like it, back to the drawing board.

Oilers like Brossoit so it is unlikely he would be part of the trade.

Fayne FOR Niemo at 3.625 straight up.

I think at that point, Dallas would just be better off buying out Niemi, which would be fine. Only costs $1.5 million each of the next 2 years.

Just trying to think of an alternative to buying out Niemi, guess this wasn't it.

Take out Brossiot and Niemi and deal.

Dallas has to have a reason to make the trade. Backman for Fayne is very, very bad for the Stars.

Niemi
Johns

For

Pouliot
Paigin

Definitely can't do that. Pouliot's extra year kills it. And I really don't want to trade Johns.

Rather just buy out Niemi.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Fayne for Niemi at the same cap-hit is a win for the Oil and is certainly worth something, just the prospect swap makes it unappealing. We have left handed prospect d-men coming out our ears BTW.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
If oilers don't think brossoit is going to be a steady back up for the next two years, I think this is a great proposal for both teams.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Oh well, if Oiler fans don't like it, back to the drawing board.

I think at that point, Dallas would just be better off buying out Niemi, which would be fine. Only costs $1.5 million each of the next 2 years.

Just trying to think of an alternative to buying out Niemi, guess this wasn't it.

Dallas has to have a reason to make the trade. Backman for Fayne is very, very bad for the Stars.

Definitely can't do that. Pouliot's extra year kills it. And I really don't want to trade Johns.

Rather just buy out Niemi.

Fair enough.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Neimi is not much of an upgrade if at all. Brossoit is there back up goalie or starter of the future. I dont think they would make this trade with not much upside coming back

I dont kno wmuch about Backman other than hes a left handed D prospect which Oilers have 200 of. Maybe hes better than a lot but still in Reinhart/Osterle/Simpson/Jones terriority

What if we switched Backman to Hansson. 22 year old RD playing in the SHL. He was getting top pairing minutes before an unfortunate injury last year that meant he got leap frogged. So his numbers are a bit down this year but sheduled to come to NA next year I'm pretty sure.

He is more offensive than Backman and a right shot

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
And that is why this is a joke proposal. We aren't trading Brossoit who's shown flashes of being a good 1B goalie for a buy out candidate.

Well the deal did have a young D who could replace Fayne going back as well. There was more than just the goalies

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad