Pre-Game Talk: Edmonton @ Chicago 15/11/08 6:00PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil77

Sep 29, 2010
8-0 Chicago.

10 PP's for the Hawks to 1 PP for the Oil (8 phantom or ticky-tack calls against the Oil).
2 good goals disallowed for the Oilers (McGeough's protégés wave off both goals).
Oilers player injured on blatant boarding / slash / hi-stick, no penalty.
Hawks players commit heinous penalties throughout, miraculously refs swallow their whistles.
Late 3rd period, refs decide to give a PP for the Oilers as consolation for their bias.
Afterwards, refs delay of game, return to dressing room, turn bulimic to recover whistles and search for missing contact lenses.
Oil77 called a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.
McLellan finally pissed at officiating, calls out the refs post-game. Fined 1 trillion dollars.

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Next 5 games against western conference teams. We need to at least win 3 of 5 just to keep treading water or they'll be digging a hole that will be very difficult to get out of.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I feel like we're going to take a beating in this one. Hawks haven't been very good and will be extremely hungry.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
8-0 Chicago.

10 PP's for the Hawks to 1 PP for the Oil (8 phantom or ticky-tack calls against the Oil).
2 good goals disallowed for the Oilers (McGeough's protégés wave off both goals).
Oilers player injured on blatant boarding / slash / hi-stick, no penalty.
Hawks players commit heinous penalties throughout, miraculously refs swallow their whistles.
Late 3rd period, refs decide to give a PP for the Oilers as consolation for their bias.
Afterwards, refs delay of game, return to dressing room, turn bulimic to recover whistles and search for missing contact lenses.
Oil77 called a tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist.
McLellan finally pissed at officiating, calls out the refs post-game. Fined 1 trillion dollars.

Y7nzpWG.jpg

Some of these are spot on

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
I bet the 3rd and 4th lines accomplish a whole lot of nothing offensively.

Sorry but Letestu and Lander stink.
They're awful.. They're the black hole of offense.
I could go on forever about how absolutely useless they are.
You can't expect your 3rd and fourth lines to just prevent goals.
The defense finally improves only to expose how utterly futile these two lines are in helping a team win.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I bet the 3rd and 4th lines accomplish a whole lot of nothing offensively.

Sorry but Letestu and Lander stink.
They're awful.. They're the black hole of offense.
I could go on forever about how absolutely useless they are.
You can't expect your 3rd and fourth lines to just prevent goals.
The defense finally improves only to expose how utterly futile these two lines are in helping a team win.

You're right. Lander makes Purcell look like Gretzky.Letestu who ?!?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
What a curious post. Its 5 actually and in only 14GP. For more context we're in 2nd last place.

No it's 4. Sharks hold the 3rd pacific div playoff spot with 14 points. Oilers have 10.

I think the point of the post is that the Oilers aren't actually out of anything yet. The fact that we're in the Pacific is the saving grace for the Oilers terrible start to the season.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I've done a lot of thinking and......this season is like howard dean....and right now we're living in that weird cat sound he makes.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
No it's 4. Sharks hold the 3rd pacific div playoff spot with 14 points. Oilers have 10.

I think the point of the post is that the Oilers aren't actually out of anything yet. The fact that we're in the Pacific is the saving grace for the Oilers terrible start to the season.

Thanks. I always like to forget the NHL's inane concepts of determining playoff spots. I find it silly that divisions should feature more prominently than conferences in playoff assignments. Hell I'd even go back to a league wide 1-16.

But in anycase SJ will be getting better. Pretty much a given. I don't see anybody in the 8playoff spots that's looking like a pretender at this point.

Last edited:

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Thanks. I always like to forget the NHL's inance concepts of determining playoff spots. I find it silly that divisions should feature more prominently than conferences in playoff assignments. Hell I'd even go back to a league wide 1-16.

But in anycase SJ will be getting better. Pretty much a given. I don't see anybody in the 8playoff spots that's looking like a pretender at this point.

Well to be fair as Oiler fans I wouldn't blame any of us for not knowing how to understand playoff standings. :laugh:

I haven't bothered to learn that's for sure.

Tonights the game where I find out I don't have to care for another year.

5 games below .500 hockey in November is when I officially rule them out of any hope for the playoffs.

This team is the Charlie Brown of hockey. The main reason to watch them is to see how they'll crap away the game.

Will it be death by refs (Pittsburgh special)?
death by replay (thanks L.A and Calgary)?
death by bone headed error (Gryba playing great and gaffing 2 games away.)?
death by defence punting the whole game (St.Louis and Nashville) ?
death by goaltending (Yeah Talbot.. that was embarassing. you fit in great on this team)
death by no offence from 3rd, 4th line? (these guys contribute sweet nothing to winning)

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
Well to be fair as Oiler fans I wouldn't blame any of us for not knowing how to understand playoff standings. :laugh:

I haven't bothered to learn that's for sure.

Tonights the game where I find out I don't have to care for another year.

5 games below .500 hockey in November is when I officially rule them out of any hope for the playoffs.

This team is the Charlie Brown of hockey. The main reason to watch them is to see how they'll crap away the game.

Will it be death by refs (Pittsburgh special)?
death by replay (thanks L.A and Calgary)?
death by bone headed error (Gryba playing great and gaffing 2 games away.)?
death by defence punting the whole game (St.Louis and Nashville) ?
death by goaltending (Yeah Talbot.. that was embarassing. you fit in great on this team)
death by no offence from 3rd, 4th line? (these guys contribute sweet nothing to winning)
Refs have been crap in Oilers games favoring the opposition in all 14 Oilers games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad