Proposal: Edmonton - Carolina

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Skinner, 2 OA for Draisaitl, 10 OA

Carolina needs 1C and gets him, Edmonton gets McDavid - Svechnikov connection for the next billion years and another top6 winger.

... for a year, before Skinner can walk as a free agent.

Seven years of Draisaitl is worth a lot more than one year of Skinner and the last thing we need to do is trade excellent players for draft picks.

If you want Drai, and your deal doesn’t include Slavin or Aho, Edmonton hangs up. If it does, it’s still probably no, but you’d get a courtesy listen.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Carolina no longer strictly need a 1C as much as a dynamic offensive player.

This doesn't really work for the Canes. It was more likely the Canes made a big blockbuster trade if they had gotten 1OA.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
... for a year, before Skinner can walk as a free agent.

Seven years of Draisaitl is worth a lot more than one year of Skinner and the last thing we need to do is trade excellent players for draft picks.

If you want Drai, and your deal doesn’t include Slavin or Aho, Edmonton hangs up.

They won't add Aho to Svechnikov to get Draisaitl. As to a defender, not sure, I'm not a Carolina fan, actually.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
They won't add Aho to Svechnikov to get Draisaitl. As to a defender, not sure, I'm not a Carolina fan, actually.

Cool. Sail on then, Hurricanes, and congrats on your good fortune. Edmonton should have no interest in moving Draisaitl unless an absolutely elite #1 defenceman is coming back.

I’d be massively angry as an Oiler fan if your deal manifested. I wouldn’t give up tenth for Skinner or Draisaitl for 2nd separately and I absolutely wouldn’t do both together. It makes zero sense.

FTR I didn’t say ‘add Aho to 2nd’. What I meant is if Carolina wants Draisaitl without giving up Aho or Slavin, then we’ve got a massive disconnect in what Edmonton needs. One year of Skinner and an 18 year old kid ain’t it.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
The last thing the oilers will do is trade away a prove 70 of player for top Russian draft pick it would absolutely blow up in their faces if he had to take the pulj route to the Nhl.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
I'd give up on watching the Oilers for a year if this happened.
Edmonton is trying to win now.
Drai > Skinner and Hopkins is awesome riding shotgun with McDavid.
Not to mention Skinner has already suffered 2-3 concussions.

The only way this trade makes sense is if they've heavily regretted signing Drai to the contract he's signed to, and that's far from the the truth.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Skinner, 2 OA for Draisaitl, 10 OA

Carolina needs 1C and gets him, Edmonton gets McDavid - Svechnikov connection for the next billion years and another top6 winger.

I don't think the Oilers get anywhere close to a player like Draisaitl at 2nd overall

Reactions: snipes and thadd

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Which unless the Sabres do something colossally stupid at #1, it will not be - and even then our forwards minus Draisaitl are easily the worst in the NHL. Bar none.

So if Dahlin is on the board would you make this trade?
I honestly wouldn't.
I don't want to wait 3 years to find out of Dahlin was worth it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Svechnikov is going to be a better player, than Draisaitl.

Draisaitl is 22 and has two 70+ point seasons already. That is a tall, tall order and a long way from guaranteed.

As usual with these kinds of deals, the Oilers are the ones taking 100% of the risk.

manroth19

May 20, 2015
I love how everyone keeps talking about skinner and his 1 year remaining like he’s the main piece or something.

I don’t think this trade is as crazy as everyone thinks. Not saying you trade away star players for cap relief but if they believe svech is cant miss star and can resign skinner for under 7....still doubtful obv but it’s not that crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad