Proposal: Edmonton Carolina

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Leon Draisaitl, 2018 2nd round pick For Sebastion Aho, Noah Hanifin
Carolina gets a 1C, Edmonton gets a winger to play with Mcdavid and a young D with lots of potential. Does this make sense for either team? Who adds and what do they add?

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I wouldn’t do it. Giving up the best player in the deal and not really addressing the D enough.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
It would take a deal like that to get Draisaitl moved out of Edmonton. That being said I think the 'Canes want to keep Aho and Hanifin.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure what, if any, reason Edmonton would trade for Hanifin. We already have more LHD than we know what to do with. He’s never run a powerplay at the NHL level. What does he bring that we lack?

From the Carolina side of things, they’re definitely giving up a lot, but guys with Draisaitl’s elite #1 C upside are hard to find.

He’s got back to back 70 point seasons now.

Only one player younger than he is has more points than he does over the last two seasons (and I’m sure you can guess who).

He’s also emerging as an elite faceoff man, someone Edmonton can throw over the boards in key situations where they desperately need a win (56% on draws, good for 12th in the NHL among players to take more than 200 face offs).

The point is this. Yes, it’s a lot for Carolina to give up - and no, I still don’t think I’d pull the trigger if I were the GM. I like Aho, he’s going to be a bet good player in this league. I think Hanifin will be a top 4 defenceman for a very long time.

I would still say no and be pretty comfortable in doing so.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Don't like moving Drai. Aho and Hanifin both good players, and not a terrible offer, but I'd rather move pieces for Faulk and keep Drai.
Faulk is junk a liability of a player , can never figure out Oiler fans attraction to him , he would make our defense worse like he has the Canes for years , it just proves to me they never watch the pylon and just read his pp stats. Worst defensenman in NHL at defending .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad