Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Zach Hyman signs with the Oilers (7 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
while this post has a nice sentiment around it, the bolded seems strange to me.

Are you saying Mcdavid and Hyman are secretly die hard Leafs fans while playing for the Oilers? i highly doubt that.

By that logic, it would stand to reason that Matthews is still secretly a die hard Coyotes fan while playin for the Leafs, would it not?
I wouldn't deny it or care if anyone claimed Matthews was a Coyotes fan. Pretty sure he talks about the team quite fondly especially watching them when he was a kid. Just because you play for a team doesn't mean you can't be a fan of your childhood team. You're getting paid to do a job and obviously any professional knows how to separate business and personal interests. With that said, most of the guys who retire from around the GTA who grew up Leafs fans, end up on the Leafs bandwagon usually. They still obviously pull for their ex-pro teams too.

If I was a betting man, and I am one, I would put good money down on McDavid becoming a Leaf before the end of his career. We've seen it with a ton of players over the past 20 years. Though most have come here when they're 35+. Likewise, if Coyotes are still kicking around in Arizona, it wouldn't shock me to see Auston dawning the Kachina jersey before he hangs em up.

Last edited:

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
I wouldn't deny it or care if anyone claimed Matthews was a Coyotes fan. Pretty sure he talks about the team quite fondly especially watching them when he was a kid. Just because you play for a team doesn't mean you can't be a fan of your childhood team. You're getting paid to do a job and obviously any professional knows how to separate business and personal interests. With that said, most of the guys who retire from around the GTA who grew up Leafs fans, end up on the Leafs bandwagon usually. They still obviously pull for their ex-pro teams too.

If I was a betting man, and I am one, I would put good money down on McDavid becoming a Leaf before the end of his career. We've seen it with a ton of players over the past 20 years. Though most have come here when they're 35+. Likewise, if Coyotes are still kicking around in Arizona, it wouldn't shock me to see Auston dawning the Kachina jersey before he hangs em up.

I'll take that bet.

Reactions: nobody

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
I'm happy he's doing exceptionally well. I didn't want him to leave the Leafs but at the same time didn't want to give him 7 year term. Congrats to hyman showing off his goods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad