g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
DrearyAbleEarthworm.gif

Oilers (11-26-9)
@
Capitals (24-13-8)

Lines TBD, Starters TBD (Scrivens and Holtby likely)​

Same reminder as last thread, click and read: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=95763827&postcount=2

Last edited:

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
We gotta win this one .

Mr All Talk Brooks Laich, tonight is the chance for you to show up.

Would love to see Ovi pot a couple.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Kuzya.. just score pls

this guy desperately needs a goal

OVs Gold Chain*

Would take any win obviously, but a statement win dominating possession with a 2+ goal advantage would be ideal. Hope the crowd shows up big, Edmonton has really struggled on the road and this is a team we can put away early with fast start.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Post-coaching adjustment and post-hot streak. Who will the Washington Capitals be now?

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
Three predictions:

- 5-1 Caps. Ovi, Green, Ward, Kuz(2)
- Holtby extension announced after game.
- Trotz makes weird eyebrow movement.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Meltdown expected if they don't come away with 2 points.

They already donated 2 points to the worst team in the NHL this season, can't happen again especially after losing 2 in a row.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I know I won't be happy if they don't come away with 2 and look good in the process. They'll be far less happy than I am, though.

I wonder how close Grape Ape is to pulling the trigger on a personnel move. The deadline isn't all that far off and they've got a tough schedule coming up.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
BT waited until after the WC to put Bura on the top line following all those scratches. I wonder if he's waiting until after the ASG to try Kuz up there. If BT and GMBM are looking at options up front, you'd think they'd HAVE to try that out for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on anything, right??

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I know I won't be happy if they don't come away with 2 and look good in the process. They'll be far less happy than I am, though.

I wonder how close Grape Ape is to pulling the trigger on a personnel move. The deadline isn't all that far off and they've got a tough schedule coming up.

Yep. They need to come out dominating tonight. I wanna see them pissed off about those two losses.

Trotz described this game as "almost a must win" the other day.

So lets see if that resonates with the rest of the team.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
BT waited until after the WC to put Bura on the top line following all those scratches. I wonder if he's waiting until after the ASG to try Kuz up there. If BT and GMBM are looking at options up front, you'd think they'd HAVE to try that out for a few weeks before pulling the trigger on anything, right??

Maybe. If Kuznetsov isn't part of the trade, then Trotz can still try him out there even if he goes and gets someone. Not the greatest situation as you want to know where the hole is before you try to fill it, but a possibility.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Just curious but given his role on the team what kind of numbers would Laich need put up to make it tolerable for the haters to keep him on the team?

Better than Jay Beagle numbers?

I'd be happy with Eric Fehr type numbers.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Just curious but given his role on the team what kind of numbers would Laich need put up to make it tolerable for the haters to keep him on the team?

He is being paid like an top 3rd liner. I'd say ~40-45 points whilst continuing to play well on the defensive side too.

Vladiator16*

Three predictions:

- 5-1 Caps. Ovi, Green, Ward, Kuz(2)
- Holtby extension announced after game.
- Trotz makes weird eyebrow movement.

Came in with this prediction too... Now i'm worried... After a fruitless road trip just get a ****ing win, regardless of who scores (OV with a couple would be nice ;)).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad