GDT: EDM vs MIN - 01/27/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approved Variety

Nov 14, 2010
Good try on that last shift guys. Damn Nikitin...tough break...

Yak had a really boneheaded play in the first that put us behind. After that, he was one of our best players.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
Not one of Yak's teammates could put one of those passes away to make him not the goat of this one, huh?

He did everything he could to make up for that mistake.

I guess Eberle is sharing the horns too for his own poor defensive play.

McDeathbyCheerios*

We were the better team but we couldn't aim tonight. It happens. Although that call was garbage. He either falls and accidentally snows him or runs him.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
We were the better team but we couldn't aim tonight. It happens. Although that call was garbage. He either falls and accidentally snows him or runs him.

Meh. In the end it didn't make a difference. It was the same amount of skaters. Though I believe it was a bad call.

Also, Schultz holds onto the puck way too long and is way too indecisive.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm a fan of Yak this game. He made up for his mistake.

I'm okay with this loss cause we played very well. This is one of those games that you see good teams lose.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

It was either stop just like he did or slam right into him. Sucks because it just felt like yak would find a way to score in those 12 seconds

Also how great was Pouliot?? Came so close to scoring a few times and made up for some early gaffs too. Looked like a power forward out there

McDeathbyCheerios*

Meh. In the end it didn't make a difference. It was the same amount of skaters. Though I believe it was a bad call.

Not really. If Yak didn't take the penalty it would of been a 6 on 3

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
He had a good game after his goal against, yes.

But it would be 1-1 had he not, admit it.

Everyone thought he was God after his shoot out as well, lets just HOPE he continues to play better.

Would have been 1-1 if Eberle didn't gift wrap a breakaway, and give up on a back check. He's at fault for the loss, yet I've not heard you say anything bad about him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Everyone thought he was God after his shoot out as well, lets just HOPE he continues to play better.
And I Eberle didn't throw a puck into Frasers skates it would be 1-1

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Would have been 1-1 if Eberle didn't gift wrap a breakaway, and give up on a back check. He's at fault for the loss, yet I've not heard you say anything bad about him.

Did you notice there was still a line of defence on the Eberle off the skate turnover, he didn't skate in front of our goalie and give it up. That was a super play by Coyle, Ferrence almost had him and Fasth got stretched. And NO, I don't see it as the same at all.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Did you notice there was still a line of defence on the Eberle off the skate turnover, he didn't skate in front of our goalie and give it up. That was a super play by Coyle, Ferrence almost had him and Fasth got stretched. And NO, I don't see it as the same at all.
Yak made a mistake and had a great game. Eberle gives away the puck and does nothing for the rest of the game.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Overall defensively, his game was good, but yeah, ...He can't think the game at a high speed...takes him a while to process what he wants to do with the puck when he gets it.
Also, I can't stand the way he lollygags back with time going down, and you need to get the puck and move it up ice...it's like he's taking a Sunday leisure skate at Hawrelak, just no desperation in his game.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown

One quite literally lost the game for us. That's a pretty big difference.

Hahaha, "Eberle off the skate turnover." More like: Eberle, idiotic no look, behind the back pass to no one, leading to a breakaway as he stopped skating to make up for his mistake which cost us the game turnover.

OilerInOttawa

Dec 8, 2014

Had Eberle been smarter before that giveaway on the Coyle goal it would have gone to OT, admit it.

I like how Ebs and Yak played today for the most part, but don't act like Yak's mistake was anymore costly than what Eberle did with 4:20 left to play.

I don't care who does it, but someone better run over Dubbie next time they play him for that punch to Yak...the guy goes out of his way to avoid running him over and that's what he gets in return? What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad