Pre-Game Talk: Edm v Wpg, Wed 6 PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
We need to stay out of the PB.
We've got the worst PK and Winnipeg has the 4th best PP.
Jets' PK is also barely under 80% so if we can really stay away from doing dumb stuff it could be a good night for our PP.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Mowzie+ for a GDT creator. Wasn’t the plus Oilbleeder and then we got him back somehow?

Years after and we still have a holes at GDT creator in our lineup, hah.

Yeah. I resigned as HFOil GM soon after though so I blame our roster problems on my replacement (you). ;)

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Hate to say it but team is due for a OT game 5-4 Oilers Sekera with his 1st of the season in OT

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I fully expect EDM to have a really flat game with having to leave so early in the morning on game day, but stranger things have happened.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
My favorite team (Oilers) versus my second favorite team. 5 in a row would be sweet, but it won't be easy. The Jets are stacked with talent and have a crazy stacked pipeline with more coming. Unbelievable asset management with Schiefele and Ehlers on long term affordable deals. I think Ehlers is one of the best players in the NHL - simply electric. Now let's see the Oil knock them off

Reactions: GNP

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
DJTrCNEVAAArFBm.gif

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kinda odd. Would've been nice to keep playing while we are hot, but then would McDavid been able to play?

Then again is he even confirmed yet for tonight? With a crazy travel day we might not even find out until game time

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
On Sports Interaction, says he's expected to play.
He heals so fast, he's minute to minute.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Maybe they'll do another paper transaction sending Slepy down and calling him back up in a day or two once they waive a defenseman. I can't see the Oilers keeping 9 D on the roster. Unless they plan to try Auvitu at forward? So who will get waived, Gryba or Auvitu?

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe they'll do another paper transaction sending Slepy down and calling him back up in a day or two once they waive a defenseman. I can't see the Oilers keeping 9 D on the roster. Unless they plan to try Auvitu at forward? So who will get waived, Gryba or Auvitu?

Gryba?

In terms of play I would guess the team is ambivalent as to which one could get waived. Gryba is under contract next season so it would be nice to have his contract off the books.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gryba?

In terms of play I would guess the team is ambivalent as to which one could get waived. Gryba is under contract next season so it would be nice to have his contract off the books.
Gryba would clear the waivers due to his contract. I doubt any team takes a chance on Auvitu either..

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
It’s too bad none of that stuff got archived in the migration. :(

I think there was a purge a few years back that robbed us of it. We tried to save as much HFOil lore during the last migration but it only went so far back.

Mowzie's GDT for the Islanders may have been one of my favourite threads ever on HF. Absolutely epic!

One sentence wonder, not a period in sight.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If Klef plays it will be the first time all season that we have our full healthy roster. I think Edmonton is going to be one of the most dreaded matchups for teams in this 2nd half. They're ramping up... they're angry, healthy, and their best players haven't even played to the best of their ability yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad