Claimed off Waivers: [EDM] Troy Grosenick claimed off waivers by the Oilers

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Decent AHL numbers but hasn't played NHL since 2014-15 . Guess the Oilers are desperate.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
Its odd to me that he hasn't had more NHL time given that he seems to be a pretty good AHL goalie,
and that his 2 nhl starts went well.

By no means does that mean he's NHL level, but as a #3 .... can't be to angry.

Reactions: Evgeny Oliker

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Its odd to me that he hasn't had more NHL time given that he seems to be a pretty good AHL goalie,
and that his 2 nhl starts went well.

By no means does that mean he's NHL level, but as a #3 .... can't be to angry.
Well with Smith on LTIR, he is our backup and might more than double his current NHL resume

Shame that Carolina and Winnipeg had to take that opportunity away from Forsberg but I guess that's gamesmanship

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
.948 save percentage in the NHL, 31 years old which I hear is the new 23, named Gross Nick. Seems like a solid pickup.
grossnick_zpsbed2864a.jpg

Made this years ago.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He played in LA's only scrimmage last Saturday and stopped 0 of 3 shots in the shootout. That was encouraging...

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
The league definitely erred by not having some level of protection on 3rd string goalies (ie roster or waiver exemption)

Feel for the Oilers

It can be argued they did—the taxi squad makes it far easier for teams to run with one less F or D then they normally would and keep the 3rd G on the roster. Many teams chose to do this.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
It can be argued they did—the taxi squad makes it far easier for teams to run with one less F or D then they normally would and keep the 3rd G on the roster. Many teams chose to do this.

That's true

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The league definitely erred by not having some level of protection on 3rd string goalies (ie roster or waiver exemption)

Feel for the Oilers

Not that Forsberg is a huge loss but the NHL is a bush league in everything they do. I love the sport but seriously the high ups need a brain transplant

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad