Proposal: [EDM/STL/BUF] Huge 3 Way Trade

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Who's that Pokemon!?!?
It's a flaming pile of garbage!
LOL

No, seriously... this trade is really bad for St. Louis.
Edmonton takes this and runnnns. I love Klefbom and don't want to trade him, but I'd happily drive him to the airport without shedding any tears to make this trade happen.
Glad you got the reference haha.
With this persons trade proposals someone is always getting screwed over lol. It is usually the Oilers so i'm glad the complaints were read and the ripping off is happening to another team instead of ours.

That being said, I agree that this is horrible for St.Louis.

Reactions: thadd

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
good try on the OP but as most have mentioned above, I also would rather have Parayko than Klefbom + 10th, so no need for EDM here

i am just curious though how interested STL would be in ROR, and what would need to be added on either side to the framework of a ROR for Parayko deal

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
St. Louis needs more (probably from Buffalo) and I'm not quite sure why Edmonton is involved at all (Buffalo probably prefers Parayako as a RHD over Klefbom and the 10th).

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
i am just curious though how interested STL would be in ROR, and what would need to be added on either side to the framework of a ROR for Parayko deal
Definitely interested in ROR, not at the expense of Parayko. The add would have to be very large from Buffalo, so large that the framework itself probably wouldn’t work.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Definitely interested in ROR, not at the expense of Parayko. The add would have to be very large from Buffalo, so large that the framework itself probably wouldn’t work.

Yeah I see ROR as a great fit in STL (he'd be a great fit anywhere, imo) but not gonna add something very large to him for Parayko. As much as I would love Parayko.
Could add McCabe, but not sure I'd even want to do that.

I'm just dreaming of a Dahlin-Parayko pairing for the next 5-10 years, then Risto can finally be properly slotted for a line 2 D role and I think would thrive. It could be worth a slight over-payment on our end.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah I see ROR as a great fit in STL (he'd be a great fit anywhere, imo) but not gonna add something very large to him for Parayko. As much as I would love Parayko.
Could add McCabe, but not sure I'd even want to do that.

I'm just dreaming of a Dahlin-Parayko pairing for the next 5-10 years, then Risto can finally be properly slotted for a line 2 D role and I think would thrive. It could be worth a slight over-payment on our end.
Fair enough, I don’t even mean to suggest that Parayko has THAT much more value “in a vacuum,” just that he is so important to the team. ROR is a great player but adding him and subtracting Parayko makes the Blues a worse team IMO.

Anyway, I thought Dahlin was a LHS who likes playing on the right side...you think he’ll end up playing LD in the NHL?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Its honestly not one of the worst proposals out there. Value is in the ballpark. The Oilers are definitely not needed, so let's cut them out (sorry OP). As a Blues fan, Parayko for RoR is interesting, and could be worthwhile under the right circumstances with a little sweetener. Its just not thrilling enough to jump at in the hypothetical, given RoR's a little older and doesn't put up gaudy numbers. His value is that he puts up damn good numbers while being a killer defensive C too. He's the kind of guy that helps win games, but doesn't really get you drooling slotting his name into the line-up card. We would definitely need a plan B for our #4RHD before we pulled the trigger. Maybe after our Plans A and B for a C falls through we re-visit it.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
good try on the OP but as most have mentioned above, I also would rather have Parayko than Klefbom + 10th, so no need for EDM here

Me personally, I would like ROR to be right handed and good on the powerplay. As well as a RHD that can handle 20 per night with Dunn as their partner. If we were to add a LH shot to the top 6 though ROR isn't a bad option. I just have no interest in seeing Schmaltz/Dunn Paired for 20+ and I have absolutely no interest in seeing bortuzzo playing 20+

Reactions: I Like Eich

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Fair enough, I don’t even mean to suggest that Parayko has THAT much more value “in a vacuum,” just that he is so important to the team. ROR is a great player but adding him and subtracting Parayko makes the Blues a worse team IMO.

Anyway, I thought Dahlin was a LHS who likes playing on the right side...you think he’ll end up playing LD in the NHL?

Yeah, I don't disagree from STL end either. Parayko is a stud, he's exactly what I want Risto to be.

Not sure yet; he's played both sides apparently. Will have to wait and see which side he feels more comfortable enough.

Lucky for him he's joining a team with more holes than swiss cheese on D, so I'm sure he'll slot in on either side just fine lol

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Me personally, I would like ROR to be right handed and good on the powerplay. As well as a RHD that can handle 20 per night with Dunn as their partner. If we were to add a LH shot to the top 6 though ROR isn't a bad option. I just have no interest in seeing Schmaltz/Dunn Paired for 20+ and I have absolutely no interest in seeing bortuzzo playing 20+

I think everyone can agree that nobody has any interest in seeing Bortuzzo playing 20+ a night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad