Confirmed with Link: [EDM/PIT] Perron to Pens for 1st Rounder 2015 and Rob Klinkhammer: Part 2

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
klinkhammer in the first period flubs up the most routine breakout passes where he had all kinds of time and space, puck continues to the corner where he delivers a hit and rexall figures he's a hero.

All I saw is a pretend NHL player that can't even take the easiest of break out passes. Plus that I've seen him flub more passes than he receives both here and in Arizona.

This guy is such a lunchbucket.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Miss his secondary scoring, wait 3 years for the 1st rounder to maybe work out. Loser management strikes again for the billionth time. Top ten pick might land a Perron, maybe, all smart people know this except six circus and his klowns.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I don't mind Klinkhammer.

Disregarding the fact he was the only player returned in that Perron deal... I think Klink is a decent 4th line addition.

Of course even if he turns out to be much better than guys like Pinizzotto/Joensuu/Pitlick... that still isn't going to make a huge difference because... well 4th line improvements only take you so far.

Of course a solid 4th line doesn't hurt and having more guys with decent wheels and that give a **** and that can hit IS a good thing.

Problem is the team either has too many "fancy players without grit" and the rest are low skill players with some grit/heart.

They have VERY few players... like basically zero that have that golden combo of offensive skill + defensive skill + heart and grit.

Now those players ARE hard to find... but decent teams have several of them and the Oilers have none. That has to change if this team is going to ever be anything but a perennial bottom 5 team in the NHL.

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
I think any of our players could play with heart and grit if they had something to get pumped about and that is only going to happen when we start winning games and its fun to be here

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I think any of our players could play with heart and grit if they had something to get pumped about and that is only going to happen when we start winning games and its fun to be here

Completely agree.

...and its long overdue. For me it doesn't matter how big the pot of gold is at the end of the 'tank' rainbow.

This org has to start changing the team culture...collecting top picks year after year doesn't accomplish that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I don't mind the trade, we are wing deep and we could use that Pitt 1st in trade or on a solid prospect at the draft. For all of the **** that Stu has gotten his staff has drafted Eberle and Klefbom in the 1st round well out of the lottery.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Offensively there was no way the Oilers were going to win that trade.

It was going to have to be a visual win. In other words... a loss all the way.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Offensively there was no way the Oilers were going to win that trade.

It was going to have to be a visual win. In other words... a loss all the way.

winning or losing the trade is contingent on what they do with the pick. If they parlay it into a useful NHL player, say a competent No.3 defensemen , then the balance is not that bad. But if they go on to use the pick on another long shot prospect, then there is no arguing it's a wasted asset.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Trade paying early dividends for the Pens.

4 GP 3G 1 A 4P

Perron is a damn good hockey player, simple as that and he will light it up for the Pens next year too with that extra contract year we traded. And we traded him for a 4th liner (about to be UFA) and, if we use the pick, a guy that might be able to start contributing, if ever, when Ebs is on his 3rd contract (maybe on another team) and Hall is looking at being a UFA.

But hey, #craigsonit

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Perron is a damn good hockey player, simple as that and he will light it up for the Pens next year too with that extra contract year we traded. And we traded him for a 4th liner (about to be UFA) and, if we use the pick, a guy that might be able to start contributing, if ever, when Ebs is on his 3rd contract (maybe on another team) and Hall is looking at being a UFA.

But hey, #craigsonit

Yup, what a complete disaster of a trade, timing wise.

Perron should have got a goalie, center, or d-man that fits our development stage. lots of options for a good gm and player of his quality

Thanks six rings and Mact ! Again and again and again x 1000.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The trade itself isn't what will be worth judging imo. It's what we do with the pick. If we land a young powerfoward who can make the team right away, or deal it for a big middle 6 center, we've fine. If we take a small winger who takes 4-5 years, we screwed it up

Chevboyarsky

Oct 23, 2014
The trade itself isn't what will be worth judging imo. It's what we do with the pick. If we land a young powerfoward who can make the team right away, or deal it for a big middle 6 center, we've fine. If we take a small winger who takes 4-5 years, we screwed it up

Young power forwards don't usually mature very quickly mainly because their bodies aren't fully developed until into the early mid 20's. Corey Perry, as an example, played part of a season 2 years after he was drafted and his first full season 3 years after he was drafted.

He was taken with the #28 pick overall in 2003. That's the best the Oilers can hope for (though it's a pretty outside chance I'd say).

Zack Kassian is example taken at #13 in 2009. Debuts 2 years after he's drafted, but hasn't really become an impact player. Trying to draft "power forwards" isn't the easiest proposition (that's why there's relatively few good ones in the league).

So in short, I really doubt a) The Oilers draft and play a young power forward in the next year or 2 b) The guy actually pans (the way people would want him to) out as a later pick.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Knew this was a steal for Pittsburgh. People crap on all Oiler players just because they're playing in a bad situation, but they are good players if put into the proper situation.

Can't be allowing 6 goals to the Islanders though, not gonna make it out of the East again if Fleury can't shut the door.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Good for Perron, that said I'm still fine with our trade return. Hopefully some team sees Perron's success and thinks that they could see similar results from Purcell and we can get a similar return for him.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
Knew this was a steal for Pittsburgh. People crap on all Oiler players just because they're playing in a bad situation, but they are good players if put into the proper situation.

Can't be allowing 6 goals to the Islanders though, not gonna make it out of the East again if Fleury can't shut the door.

The islanders have been playing well. God just imagine being a shooter on a PP of Crosby Malkin Letang.. We sent Perron to heaven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad