Confirmed with Link: [EDM/PIT] Justin Schultz (50% ret.) for PIT 3rd '16

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I remember a lot of fans here were fin e with the hiring of Eakins and thought it was going to be an improvement on Kruger.

There was a lot of fans who also thought it was stupid though. I always thought Krueger would of been a really good coach in short order. Extremely good at communicating imo.

He wasn't really dealt a fair hand and made pretty decent improvements considering the team he had to work with (way worse than it is now). At least he knew how to run a PP through these players. He figured out that this team needs a really good PP if this team ever expects to compete in the bigger bodied west.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I remember a lot of fans here were fin e with the hiring of Eakins and thought it was going to be an improvement on Kruger.

I remember most of thinking Eakins was a fail after his first press conference. Firing Kruger over Skype made me dislike our management..

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
I remember most of thinking Eakins was a fail after his first press conference. Firing Kruger over Skype made me dislike our management..

Dead on. Eakins was arrogant from the get go. I'm guessing he blinked his eyes in such a manner. :sarcasm:

The optics of the Krueger firing were a little overblown I think. Krueger and MacT were in discussions for the entire week before it happened. Krueger wasn't blindsided. I was turned off by MacT's disingenuous comments after the facat.

Ralph was unquestionably 100 per cent committed to the Edmonton Oilers. His passion and energy is amazing and we wish him nothing but the best as he moves forward in his impressive career.

Really MacT? Chia's honesty is so impressive in comparison.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
You answered your first question with the second question.

Yeah. Anyone who asks that question. :shakehead

I think this is Jultz's swan song in the NHL. I suspect within five games or so he'll be pb'd by the Penguins. Never to see the ice in the NHL again.

Europe is a better fit for his skill set and he can likely make the $1M a year he could get on a show me type contract here in the NHL.

After a year he'll understand that all pro leagues expect you to conduct yourself .... like a professional.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
xEPrb1a.jpg

At least he has a sense of humor.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Schultz says his goodbye...

It would be funny if Oil fans booed him from here on out anytime he comes back. :laugh:

Schultz the hockey player deserved it, but outside of hockey Schultz did a classy thing.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
So that's 3 games without Schultz against the likes of the Kings/Ducks/Islanders and only 5 GA.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
It would be funny if Oil fans booed him from here on out anytime he comes back. :laugh:

Schultz the hockey player deserved it, but outside of hockey Schultz did a classy thing.

Honestly, while I was fine with the boos when he played like garbage, it's over. The fans need to let it die.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

I really hope he isn't booed. He chose us over 29 other teams, and brought a great deal of enjoyment to us. I certainly wasn't his biggest fan, and everyone knew he needed to go this year, but he deserves better than to be booed when he returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad