Proposal: EDM - OTT

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Two possible trade targets for Edmonton, one is available and the other is likely not but what the hell.

:edmonton

Vlad "The Impaler" Tarasenko @50% (RW, pending UFA, so rental) $2.5 Million AAV

Artem "I am probably not available" Zub (RHD, signed four more years) $4.6 Million AAV

4th round pick 2024 from Tampa

:sens

Cody "I am not a cap dump but HF hates me" Ceci (RHD, signed for 2 years) $3.25 Million AAV
Oilers 2024 1st
Oilers 2026 2nd (they don't have one in 2025, could be 2024 if you're in a hurry)
Xavier Bourgault (Prospect)
Philip Broberg (Prospect probably ready to make the jump the NHL)
Warren "Why are you trading me I am on fire rn" Foegele (LW/RW, pending UFA) $2.75 Million AAV

No big cap numbers for the Sens to deal with, move a player in Tarasenko who is likely gone at the deadline somewhere, lose Artem Zub who the Oilers should covet. Money is just about even.

If Broberg isn't your guy we can swap Foegele for Kulak and Broberg moves out, the conditional 2nd becomes another 1st. Same cap hit either way.

eg: Ceci, Kulack, two 1sts and Bourgault for Tarasenko and Zub.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No they need another Zub. Biggest organizational weakness is RD. No shot. Value isnt terrible, its not great either though.

RD is the most valuable position in hockey. There is probably around 40/45 legit top 4 RD men in the league probably less.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Ya, Senators aren't moving a good, defensive RD like Zub. They definitely need another one, so moving one they already have would create a hole and just wouldn't make sense.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
The thing about Zub is that while he would be a great fit for Edmonton, Ottawa not only needs him but kind of needs another one just like him on top of that, which means trading the one version of him they already have is basically a no-go.

Reactions: Altimus

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Two possible trade targets for Edmonton, one is available and the other is likely not but what the hell.

Artem "I am probably not available" Zub (RHD, signed four more years) $4.6 Million AAV

Cody "I am not a cap dump but HF hates me" Ceci (RHD, signed for 2 years) $3.25 Million AAV
Oilers 2024 1st
Oilers 2026 2nd (they don't have one in 2025, could be 2024 if you're in a hurry)
Xavier Bourgault (Prospect)
Philip Broberg (Prospect probably ready to make the jump the NHL)
Warren "Why are you trading me I am on fire rn" Foegele (LW/RW, pending UFA) $2.75 Million AAV

No big cap numbers for the Sens to deal with, move a player in Tarasenko who is likely gone at the deadline somewhere, lose Artem Zub who the Oilers should covet. Money is just about even.

If Broberg isn't your guy we can swap Foegele for Kulak and Broberg moves out, the conditional 2nd becomes another 1st. Same cap hit either way.

eg: Ceci, Kulack, two 1sts and Bourgault for Tarasenko and Zub.
What did Tarasenko go for last year at 50% at the deadline?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Ceci coming back to Ottawa requires an additional two firsts

That's with me not even evaluating the rest of the trade

Reactions: MauriAntero

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Take Zub out of it, and just make a deal for Tarasenko.
Take em both out and bring Giroux to Edmonton. The man deserves a shot or two at the cup and is just what Oilers need in top 6. Right hand shot RWer who wins faceoffs

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ottawa would need a stupid overpayment to even consider trading Zub. This is not even close to that.

Reactions: Draiskull

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Oilers 2024 1st
You're lucky you don't have Dorion running your team. He'd give up the '26 1st if the ask was a 2nd that he didn't have that year.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Zub is one if the few defenseman out there that I think the Oilers could/should make an offer for(he's no David Davard though 😂).
But for all those reasons the Sens wouldnt/shouldn't trade him.
I don't think the Oilers should be targeting Tarasenko and Giroux won't want to leave Ottawa

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I like that for the Oilers. Zub would be a nice add for them.

Ceci isn't as bad as HF say he is.

Bourgault is a bust and Broberg is taking a long time to develop... into a bottom pairing guy?

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
I like that for the Oilers. Zub would be a nice add for them.

Ceci isn't as bad as HF say he is.

Bourgault is a bust and Broberg is taking a long time to develop... into a bottom pairing guy?
Well duh, Edmonton gets the two best players and Ottawa gets a dman they already traded away, a third liner, a bust, broberg whose a left shot(we have 5 NHL capable LHD). Ottawa gets a bunch of players they don't want/need and the sweetener is a 24th and 60th pick. This is an easy slamdunk no from Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00