Edm/ott

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland
What if the Oilers and the Senators made it to the Finals? How much money would the NHL lose? :laugh:

EDIT: This is a hypothetical world if I didn't make that very clear. Imagine the Oilers were still alive and did win game 7 vs the ducks

Last edited:

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The TV deal lasts for quite a few more years and as far as I know is not dependent on ratings, so the league wouldn't lose very much, if anything at all. Sportsnet/Rogers would make a bundle on ad revenue. NBC would lose on ad revenue. As long it wasn't a yearly thing, it wouldn't make that much difference in the long term. If the next five Cup Finals are Edmonton and Toronto, then they'd lose on the next US TV deal but would probably win on the Canadian TV deal.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
The League will have to get used to this.

Ottawa isn't going anywhere. And look out if Chabot turns into a star.

Edmonton might be cup favourites for the next 5 seasons.

Toronto will be terrifying if they fix that defense.

Calgary and Winnipeg are a good Goaltender and a couple of tweaks away from being teams you don't want to face in the playoffs.

Montreal could still go all in on guys like Duchene + while they still have a window with Price.

Poor Vancouver can't even win a draft lottery.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
The League will have to get used to this.

Ottawa isn't going anywhere. And look out if Chabot turns into a star.

Edmonton might be cup favourites for the next 5 seasons.

Toronto will be terrifying if they fix that defense.

Calgary and Winnipeg are a good Goaltender and a couple of tweaks away from being teams you don't want to face in the playoffs.

Montreal could still go all in on guys like Duchene + while they still have a window with Price.

Poor Vancouver can't even win a draft lottery.

Ottawa still has a lot of holes and some of those holes might get bigger if not addressed. Craig Anderson needs to be replaced and although there are some internal options none of them look to be great yet. Contracts for guys like Stone, Ceci, Turris and Pageau need to be addressed and all of them needs raises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad