GDT: EDM Oilers @ STL Blues 6pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Jordan Kyrou and the STL Blues take on Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers

Jordan Binnington will be in net on the second day of a back to back.

Jordan Kyrou leads the team in points with 15 points in 13 games, Tarasenko is second at 13 points in 13 games. Robert Thomas has 12 points in 13 games.

Lineup will (most likely) stay the same as last night

STL BLUES (13 GP 8-3-2 4th in Central 2 points behind 1st)
Kyrou - O'Reilly - Buchnevich
Barbashev - Thomas - Tarasenko
Saad - Bozak - Perron
Kostin - Joshua - Neal

Scandella - Parayko
Rosen - Faulk
Walman - Bortuzzo

Binnington

Injuries - Schenn (Upper Body), Sundqvist (Lower Body)
Covid - Krug, Husso, Clifford, Mikkola
Healthy Scratches - Again, everyone still has the plague.

EDM OILERS (13 GP 10-3-0 1st in Pacific)

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Foegele - Ryan - Turris
Perlini - McLeod - Sceviour

Nurse - Bouchard
Keith - Ceci
Koekkoek - Barrie

Koskinen
Skinner

Scratches - Zack Kassian (lower body), Devin Shore (lower body), Mike Smith (lower body).

edit: Also if you want me to stop making GDT let me know. Lol

Last edited:

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
This game will probably be the one that sends the chicken littles panicking if/when the Blues extend the losing streak to 3 in a row; losers of four of five, five of seven & six of nine. So long as nobody else gets hurt or infected, I'm not concerned.

This will be a pick-your-poison situation with the Blues being as short as they are. I'm confident with Parayko's ability to shut down either McDavid or Draisaitl...but he can't cover both of them with them being on separate lines. Faulk is going to have to have the defensive effort of his life, because I expect Calle Rosen, Jake Walman and Robert Bortuzzo to be heavily out-classed in this game. The forwards need to find some chemistry because there wasn't a lot of it on display last night aside from a couple of power-plays that didn't convert. Can't wait for Joshua and Neil to return to being healthy scratches as they should. Hopefully Schenn is only out another few games, because his presence is sorely missed.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Well, the Oilers lost to Buffalo the other night, so I guess that means our chances are greater than 0, to look on the bright side.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
This game will probably be the one that sends the chicken littles panicking if/when the Blues extend the losing streak to 3 in a row; losers of four of five, five of seven & six of nine. So long as nobody else gets hurt or infected, I'm not concerned.

This will be a pick-your-poison situation with the Blues being as short as they are. I'm confident with Parayko's ability to shut down either McDavid or Draisaitl...but he can't cover both of them with them being on separate lines. Faulk is going to have to have the defensive effort of his life, because I expect Calle Rosen, Jake Walman and Robert Bortuzzo to be heavily out-classed in this game. The forwards need to find some chemistry because there wasn't a lot of it on display last night aside from a couple of power-plays that didn't convert. Can't wait for Joshua and Neil to return to being healthy scratches as they should. Hopefully Schenn is only out another few games, because his presence is sorely missed.
good write up.

FYI: Oil board has them losing big lol so it's not just blues fans

as far as the matchups, ya def have Parayko out with McDavid. I don't see Drai as that great of a skater so Faulk or even Bortz (with his reach/size) should be the matchup there (yes, I'm not as down on Bortz as others, but also realize he shouldn't be getting that kind of ice time)

biggest problem is:
penalties.. team stats look good but that was a) against lesser teams and b) with a healthier roster

lines.. the thomas/tarasenko/whoever line seems to be our best for... well.. most of the season. need ROR to get his legs back and Perron to get healthy. can tell he's nursing an injury.. big time

here's hoping Binny is ready!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

We r going thru same thing in our fan base . We lost to Detroit, beat Boston, lost to Buffalo. We are a hard team to figure out

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I thought last night was going to be a stomping.

These guys really surprise me sometimes.

Here's to hoping that Binny can steal this one for us.
It really puts into perspective how parity has taken over the league especially with the Covid protocols biting teams at various times. The winning teams are the teams that can stay the healthiest.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
This one will be ugly AF!!!
That’s what everyone said last night and we probably win with Binnington in net.

I really don’t get the fear about Edmonton. I understand McDavid and Draisaitl are amazing but the rest of their team is still the same Oilers that really prevent them from being a true contender, IMO.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
That’s what everyone said last night and we probably win with Binnington in net.

I really don’t get the fear about Edmonton. I understand McDavid and Draisaitl are amazing but the rest of their team is still the same Oilers that really prevent them from being a true contender, IMO.

McDavid & Draisaitl when we're not rested and ROR isn't playing well on either side of the puck to begin with. All things equal, the Oilers are very beatable but the situation ups the chances of those two walking over us.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
The 3rd period last night was probably about as well as the Blues could have played considering who was dressed and considering the opponent. I just want to see them compete like that more consistently. I like our forward group a lot.
And I don't mind that our defensive shortcomings are being exposed so clearly. The coaches and DA are watching what we're watching. I feel like DA will make a careful (in a good way) move when the opportunity presents itself.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
The 3rd period last night was probably about as well as the Blues could have played considering who was dressed and considering the opponent. I just want to see them compete like that more consistently. I like our forward group a lot.
And I don't mind that our defensive shortcomings are being exposed so clearly. The coaches and DA are watching what we're watching. I feel like DA will make a careful (in a good way) move when the opportunity presents itself.

My exact thoughts. Maybe we won't get Lindholm, but I trust GMDA to address our needs.

This team has potential. :nod:

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
lets get a big win tonight and not get a 3 game losing streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad