Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers sign Adam Cracknell (1 year, $700k, two-way)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seems like just last year he scored a hatty for Dallas. Seemed like a good dude.

That was the year where the roster was injured to hell and they ended up with the Top 3 pick that got them Heiskanen. Cracknell seemed like a great guy but if he plays regularly on your NHL roster your team is going for a high draftpick.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Sad statement about the oilers

Nice take on this. Obviously this is an AHL signing because he signed a two way deal. This indicates, if you think about it for even a second, that Holland anticipates movement in the AHL forward's roster. Like a guy moving up next year or a guy moving out.

But hey, any chance to take a shot at the Oilers, right?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
One question . What position does he play now . Water boy on an AHL team ? I guess no harm if he is signed for the AHL team . Throw him a little hope by making it a two way deal

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Nice take on this. Obviously this is an AHL signing because he signed a two way deal. This indicates, if you think about it for even a second, that Holland anticipates movement in the AHL forward's roster. Like a guy moving up next year or a guy moving out.

Jeese, don't take everything so personally...

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I doubt he gets any NHL time, so having a solid vet like him could help out a really bad Bakersfield team. He’ll likely end up as sort of a player/coach role

Reactions: Morrison

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
There is still NHL top 6 potential in him.
You guys may not agree due to his age but I am really high on crack, nell

Reactions: SwedishFire

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Not a bad signing. He's a good defensive player. Not a guy who moves the needle, but if you have injuries you can slide him in and he won't hurt you. Kind of like an older Tobias Rieder.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm fine with him as an AHL signing, but I don't know what leverage he had to pull an NHL deal at 35 years old. I guess he had a decent year?

Bakersfield was awful last year so anything to help them out, I guess?

Reactions: TFHockey

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019

Even for a depth move, I question the logic and do no understand why. HE was a fringe player on a bad KHL team and has played on like 8 different teams since he left the oilers the first time around. I agree this is an AHL move and am happy his contract does not count against the cap contract limit unless he makes the nhl team, but I think there were better players out there and the only way this makes sense is if all the players the oilers have loaned to Europe will be staying there for the year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad