Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NYI] Jordan Eberle for Ryan Strome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Eberle was scoring at 53 point pace, but was disinterested, disengaged, and wanted out of Edmonton. He was a negative influence on the ice. Strome might be the same, but I'll take a floating 3 million dollar 30 point player over a floating 50 point 6 million dollar player. I love Eberle, but his time here had run its course, we had to move him and there wasn't any interest around the league.

That is fair enough. I'll take your word on that as i don't watch a ton of edmonton so i see the reasoning there.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was pretty meh on the Eberle/Strome trade.I have to admit Eberle has been a positive addition. Really shows good chemistry with Barzal

Would be cool if it was a win/win for both teams.
I had wondered if he has a little chip on his shoulder about being dealt after I read his comnents in a post trade article and before/after the last Isles/Oilers game.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I was pretty meh on the Eberle/Strome trade.I have to admit Eberle has been a positive addition. Really shows good chemistry with Barzal

I had wondered if he has a little chip on his shoulder about being dealt after I read his comnents in a post trade article and before/after the last Isles/Oilers game.
I think he has a chip, after being traded he stated how hard he worked on his skating over the summer to stay in the league, yet when he was on the oilers, we never got to hear him say such a thing

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

I really hope it's a win/win trade as well, if only for the sake of fostering more potential trades to help each other in the future. These two teams do seem to like to talk trades going by recent history, so there could be some possible future deals to be had which are mutually beneficial. I think Strome will be fine and score 30-35 points, which is fine for a depth guy with his contract; I can live with that. Just no more Reinharts, please. ;)

I'll have to send Chia the memo, just to be sure. :D

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
well sir, maybe if you read the post i replied to youd understand why i brought up the last two seasons. Fortunately, I don't need to cherry pick to turn this in eberles favor because strome is a terrible player while eberle is a top 6 winger. Maybe get an idea of the context next time before jumping on my reply, may help you look less silly

Ooops.

Never post when you are in a hurry!

Apologies, good sir.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That is fair enough. I'll take your word on that as i don't watch a ton of edmonton so i see the reasoning there.
It was reported just after the trade that he wasn't happy with the fans and media calling him out. And fair enough, it must be hard to go from being the golden boy to being in the doghouse for most of the fanbase.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Also notable that Eberle was an Oilers fan as a kid, similar to the Duchene situation in Colorado. We forget that these guys are real people; imagine the excitement of being drafted to your childhood team, only to see it unravel and have some individual success but very little team success. Sometimes players just need (or want) a change of scenery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino