Confirmed Trade: [EDM/NSH] Mattias Ekholm (4% retained) and 2024 6th for 2023 1st, Tyson Barrie, Reid Schaefer, and 2024 4th

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He is a better player than I thought he was. I always knew he was good defensively but have been extremely impressed with his skating and mobility as well as his puck moving skills. I'm glad he will be here for a few seasons.
I've been trying to tell people this for years but it always seemed to fall on deaf ears. The only reason Ekholm's stats look the way they have is because of how he has been asked to play and the guys he has been playing behind.

I've stated for years that if I had to start the franchise over and could only keep one of the current Dmen that choice would have been Ekholm, not Josi. He's not flashy, but he can pretty much do whatever needs to be done and can pretty much do it with anyone strapped to his side.

TBH if it were able to be done Josi would have been the one I would have shipped off not Ekholm. Give him a young Dman and he will teach him to play.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Ekholm is one of my favorite players in the league.

That said this move (or any move to improve Edm d) is like 7 years too late its a dam shame

Reactions: olli

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I've been trying to tell people this for years but it always seemed to fall on deaf ears. The only reason Ekholm's stats look the way they have is because of how he has been asked to play and the guys he has been playing behind.

I've stated for years that if I had to start the franchise over and could only keep one of the current Dmen that choice would have been Ekholm, not Josi. He's not flashy, but he can pretty much do whatever needs to be done and can pretty much do it with anyone strapped to his side.

TBH if it were able to be done Josi would have been the one I would have shipped off not Ekholm. Give him a young Dman and he will teach him to play.
I really hope he comes back as a coach for us when he's done playing. I daresay it's also possible he should have been wearing the C this last many years instead of Josi. Still gutted to lose him even though it was the only logical move from that D group.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I really hope he comes back as a coach for us when he's done playing. I daresay it's also possible he should have been wearing the C this last many years instead of Josi. Still gutted to lose him even though it was the only logical move from that D group.
Sry guys, his wife is from north Sweden and loves snow!😁

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

He’s been so good for the Oilers. Here‘s from tonight’s game, he has been unbelievable. 2 goals, both game tying goals.

Rips an absolute clapper to tie it late. Nurse scored in OT afterwards.

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
This has gotta help out the pain of the nurse contact right oilers fans? Got him and nurse for a combined 15 million, not that bad.

Reactions: bucks_oil

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nashville did a great job of hiding this man from the entire world

i knew he was good but damn this guy is good at hockey
He was a widely praised guy and him paired with Subban had lots of hype on the cup run. It's been hard to stand out when they had 3 other bigger names on D I guess.

Reactions: RattsSSV

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Yea he's really good. The price we got him for is a joke for how good he is. First time we've had a top pairing guy in Edmonton in forever. I don't know if you can call him a true #1 guy but he's our best D since Pronger for sure.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Glad things are going so well for him right off the bat in Edmonton. Must have been tough for him to swallow getting traded after thinking he had signed on to stay, so it would have been easy to understand a little bit of a let-down in his play. Instead, like he always has done for the Preds in the past whenever we needed him to, he just steps up and takes it to another level.
:handclap:

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ekholm is who he always was. A great top-pair defenseman.

Like I said when the trade went down: Ekholm will make Oilers fans realize that Nurse is a wildly-overpaid #3, which is what everyone has been trying to tell them forever.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Glad things are going so well for him right off the bat in Edmonton. Must have been tough for him to swallow getting traded after thinking he had signed on to stay, so it would have been easy to understand a little bit of a let-down in his play. Instead, like he always has done for the Preds in the past whenever we needed him to, he just steps up and takes it to another level.
:handclap:
I imagine stepping on the ice with McDrai cures all ails, especially with Ekholm coming from an offensively challenged team. That hug he received from McDavid last evening was epic.

sandhu111

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton, AB
Screenshot_20230321_082506_Twitter.jpg

This is oiler fans and ekholm right now loll

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad