Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NJD] Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson: Mod warning #191

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
So people want to quit on the Oilers now when they finally adressed the biggest need on the team since...well...forever? The thing everyone been screaming about wanting to get? Oh the hypocrisy.

Are needs are not addressed by adding a lesser version of Kelfbom. We still need 2 top pairing D. If your best player can't fetch that then we have a whole lot more bottom 5 finishes coming our way to draft that player.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I know what we have in Larsson. I'm a fan of his. I also know that RNH+Reinhart should have been enough. Chia got suckered in.

For sure, I quickly edited my post to comment that Chia definitely was desperate on this trade. I don't think GM's can hold our lack of anything at all on the right side over him anymore though.

McLotto 97

Believe in 13.5%
Mar 14, 2011
Edmonton
Seriously people need to relax. We are closer to a playoff team today then yesterday. Did we get full value no but that has more to do with Plante, Musil, and others busting instead of turning into legit defence men.

Lucic plus Larsson > Hall. At least for the next 3 years.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
How much value do wingers have though? It seems to me like we didn't get full value for Hall either, but is Chiarelli really that unknowledgeable about the market? Could he have gotten Doughty or OEL and just didn't because he's an incompetent GM? I somehow doubt it.

Top three winger in the game was just traded for Adam Larson. Straight up, not larson and zacha not larson and a 5th. Just larson. On the same day both pk subban and shea weber are traded. You tell me. Whos the 2 number 1 defense in my post and who is the HUGE question mark we just traded for a top three winger

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
Do you honestly need to watch any NJ games to understand that Chia doesn't understand player value?

Yes! You do actually need to watch a player to determine their value.

Way too many people are over reacting because they have never watched or heard of Larsson and what he actually brings to the table.

We overpaid but lets not act like Larsson is Eric Gryba..........the kid has the potential to be a stud and is already a solid top 3.

Not saying I love the trade but the "Fire Chirelli" thread is ridiculous.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Are you clueless? Quit pretending that people are made about filling a team need. Every person in the hockey world knows Oilers got fleeced.

I know the value isn't amazing but we just got 23 year old #2D that's proven capable to play very tough minutes.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Been posted but sums up my first reaction

a978f300964c5510_tumblr_inline_o9et7mySuK1u24h73_500.gif

Ssseth

Mar 17, 2008
Edmonton
Which stage are you at? I'm getting close to 7 already but the last few hours have been rough!

Typically, the seven (7) stages of grief are described as:
  1. - Shock or Disbelief
  2. - Denial
  3. - Anger
  4. - Bargaining
  5. - Guilt
  6. - Depression
  7. - Acceptance and Hope

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Top three winger in the game was just traded for Adam Larson. Straight up, not larson and zacha not larson and a 5th. Just larson. On the same day both pk subban and shea weber are traded. You tell me. Whos the 2 number 1 defense in my post and who is the HUGE question mark we just traded for a top three winger

This. This x1000.

We hope Pulju turns into an amazing winger, which is all fine and dandy, but we just gave up one of the top wingers in the league without much else coming back.

If people want to stand on the leg of "tell me all of these amazing d-men coming back," why not re-evaluate how value should be moved if at all in this league. If it has to be Larsson, sweeten the ****ing pot.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Then don't move him? Why give up Hall for the sake of giving him up, especially where value is so far a part on this?

Why wasn't there even a ****ing pick coming back our way?

I defended Chia for the Seguin trade when he got a giant turd coming back, but this is indefensible.

Why move him? Uhm, is this a serious question? Without adressing the D we finish bottom-five next year...AGAIN.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I know on good authority Hall was a distraction and he was getting traded. Having said that, when you compare to what Calgary paid for Hamilton, this is a massive let down.

We see a lot these posts here but this one is worth paying attention too imo. I'd love to know what you heard Dee.

I've sensed it for sure. People make fun of the body language stuff, but it is pretty apparent. If things aren't going right for HIM, regardless of how well the team is doing, he pouts hard.

He's also never even scored 30 goals. He is world class at taking the puck away though which is why NJ blew up their defense for him I assume, but Lucic and Puju could replace the goals.

I think people will realize next season that we are a lot better off. We had to lose a trade, I expected more but it had to happen and I'm happy someone finally had the balls to do it. Larsson is way better defensively than Hamiliton and a better fit in Edm imo

McNutty780

Apr 12, 2011
That's the thing though. The Market spoke on this move. What do you do? Hang onto hall etc for another year because you're scared to pull off a deal? So we can flounder around in the bottom for another year?

In the business you have to make the moves available sometimes. The best thing to do in this case was to gamble on a player with some upside and a nice contract if he grows into the asset we hope he will be.

Yeah it sucks losing Hall but **** me if i have to watch another bottom 5 team AGAIN this year. That would be more detrimental than guessing what this hall deal is costing us right now.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Which stage are you at? I'm getting close to 7 already but the last few hours have been rough!

1. - Shock or Disbelief
  2. - Denial
  3. - Anger
  4. - Bargaining
  5. - Guilt
  6. - Depression
  7. - Acceptance and Hope

I went straight from 1 to 7.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What do we have to add to Sekera to get Lindholm. Would love to see this defense next season. Sekera+Yak+Reinhart+2017 1st?

Lindholm-Larsson
Kelf-Demers
Davidson-Gybra

oilphan

Nov 21, 2005
Hate the trade, but chia was definitely up against a wall. I am confident he shook all the trees and determined this was the best dman he was going to be able to land. If he came out of the summer with just a couple fa defenseman, he would have been crucified to the same extent.

ScrillaVilla

Sep 22, 2008
Edmonton
Yes! You do actually need to watch a player to determine their value.

Way too many people are over reacting because they have never watched or heard of Larsson and what he actually brings to the table.

We overpaid but lets not act like Larsson is Eric Gryba..........the kid has the potential to be a stud and is already a solid top 3.

Not saying I love the trade but the "Fire Chirelli" thread is ridiculous.

Not its not, when you trade a Mazeratti for an stock F150 you deserve to get canned. In no other business in the world can you **** up so badly and still remain employed.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland

1. - Shock or Disbelief
  2. - Denial
  3. - Anger
  4. - Bargaining
  5. - Guilt
  6. - Depression
  7. - Acceptance and Hope

3. And im going to be at 3 all season long when our team cant score **** AND were still a bottom tier defensive team

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008

But you didn't answer my question. What do you think Hall could have realistically fetched? Weber? Subban? OEL? Doughty?

I just don't think the value for wingers is very high.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
One thing that gives me hope here, is the nj fans saying his breakout pass is excellent. That alone could boost his point totals big time playing with mcdavid and ha... Err mcdavid.

Still need a pp qb though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad