Confirmed Trade: [EDM/MTL] Brett Kulak for William Lagesson, 2022 conditional 2nd round pick, 2024 7th round pick,

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Woah, I didn't even realize that hutson was a part of this deal.

Good for montreal, but this is how trades work. One team acquires an NHL level vet for immediate help while the other gets magic beans, which are more likely to not turn into anything.

We will see what becomes of hutson but he's an interesting prospect for sure.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Woah, I didn't even realize that hutson was a part of this deal.

Good for montreal, but this is how trades work. One team acquires an NHL level vet for immediate help while the other gets magic beans, which are more likely to not turn into anything.

We will see what becomes of hutson but he's an interesting prospect for sure.
Yep. Now if the Oilers had drafted Hutson and traded him here than you can for sure style on the Oilers. But when it’s a magic bean outside like the top 15 picks? Nah.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yep. Now if the Oilers had drafted Hutson and traded him here than you can for sure style on the Oilers. But when it’s a magic bean outside like the top 15 picks? Nah.
Pretty much, Oilers are in WIN NOW mode and take a look at what Tampa and few other teams have done over the past few years. The clock is ticking on the oilers winning and sadly it does not look like it is this year with them playing Vegas in the first round.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Glad I'm not the only one that saw this bump and thought it was hilariously unnecessary. Both teams got what they wanted from the deal.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
This was a very good win-win trade.a Montreal was more likely to get AHL help from that second rounder. Edmonton got a mobile defenseman who's been a regular. That said, why are people piling on the guy who bumped ? He said it was a good trade for Montreal, there was no criticism towards Edmonton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad