[EDM/MON] Petry for 2nd & cond. 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
When they said Montreal, my heart dropped; I was expecting them to say for Fucale straight up.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not quite a 3rd + crap prospect but pretty close.

2nd will be 50-60.

zzZzzzZ

Predictable. What a remarkably worthless trade.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
we gave away our best defenseman, this is quite sickening. We are no better today, and no better in the next 3-5 years.

this moves restarts the rebuild. bring on more inexperienced dman to the worst D in the NHL

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
we gave away our best defenseman, this is quite sickening. We are no better today, and no better in the next 3-5 years.

this moves restarts the rebuild. bring on more inexperienced dman to the worst D in the NHL

Don't worry. Hanifin can take his minutes next year :sarcasm:

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
I posted yesterday how I had a dream that the Oilers traded Petry for an underwhelming return.

I don't know if I was right or wrong.

I expected picks because the tank for McDavid is on.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pretty much what I expected. Don't know why so many are surprised. Petry is pretty unknown around the league. Barely a top 4 Dman on a bottom feeder with a horrid +/- this season.

Should have just signed him in the offseason. He took a calculated risk in signing Nikitin and largely ignoring Petry and failed YET AGAIN.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
I think this trade reflects exactly why we could not sign him. Every GM in the league had an opportunity to pick him up for a 2nd and a 4th but chose not to. He may be our best dman but he is not that great.

Petry values himself a lot higher than every GM in the nhl, including mact. The free market spoke today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad