Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] G Connor Ungar signs ELC with the Oilers (2 years, $860k AAV; begins 2024-25)

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I like this signing, Ungar got screwed a lot by the Covid years I think, he showed his worth in the WHL and now has translated his success to another league, considering the uneven development trajectories of goalies that’s impressive to me. He deserves a shot in the minors to see if he can translate again.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Feels like a guy that could have went pro instead of going CIS this year.

Goalie size and good stats in the WHL. As @kruezer said, one of the guy hindered by Covid.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The new market inefficiency.
I am always hopeful that they swing a trade with Washington for Connor McMichael.

No nothing about the player but this is pretty cool for USports.
He was pretty good in the WHL for a few years, but he bounced around from team to team, so I'm assuming that there was always something there that left the team thinking he wasn't quite enough to be "the guy", but I thought he looked very good when playing.

It's certainly worth taking a chance on the guy, especially with little in the system as far as depth goaltending goes.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He was a good solider in the WHL for a couple of teams. I liked how he played for the Red Deer Rebels in his season there. Good goalie depth in the organization is nice to have, especially with the team unlikely to qualify Ryan Fanti. A free replacement in the prospect goalie pipeline is never a bad thing. I wonder if he starts next year in the AHL or ECHL. I wouldn't mind him starting in the ECHL and coming up later in the year to back up Rodrigue in Bakersfield, only to get him a ton of ice time early in the year.

I like this signing.

Reactions: Ciao

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Seen him play a few times, isn’t a terrible pick up. He’s listed at 6’2 but watching him play you’d think he was a lot smaller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad