Confirmed with Link: [EDM/FLA] Jerred Smithson for a 4th Round Pick

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Jerred Smithson from FLA to EDM for a draft pick, believed to be a fourth round pick. #tradecentre

Interesting...

Another 4th line C.

SCOUTING REPORT
Assets: Has good size and sound defensive acumen. Plays with plenty of grit and determination on every shift. Can play all three forward positions. Is good on face-offs.

Flaws: Doesn't own top-level offensive skills and creativity, so he isn't an option for a top-six forward role at the highest level. Doesn't shoot the puck enough.

Career Potential: Versatile defensive forward.

Last edited:

SchultzSquared*

Perfect fourth line C... great on the draw... and a nice low risk move too while addressing weakness

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
He was an absolute pain in the ass against the Oilers when they played Nashville. Excellent pickup, and it's someone I wished we would have grabbed prior to him signing in Florida.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Someone tell me if I should be happy or not...

(I don't watch Florida play ever)

thats not HFoil protocol, you need to form a baseless opinion and argue upon hours that you are right

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
smart move by the oilers. Smithson is reliable defensively and is outstanding in the faceoff circle (Something Edmonton needs). He is often called upon to take draws when games are on the line in the final minute in our zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad