PTO: [EDM] F Adam Erne signs PTO with the Oilers (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Nice human wrecking ball. Not much else.
Pretty much sums him up. He’s a guy I wish could have worked out in Tampa; unfortunately his offense was sporadic and his hits while fun to watch were rarely impactful in terms of tilting the ice. A good effort guy who can wear down opposing players with physical play but just not quite good enough at the actual hockey to crack a quality team’s lineup.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I can see him replacing Foegele under the right circumstances and as a cheaper player. Could be a win for oilers.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Unlikely he gets a contract unless he really shows well in camp or is willing to take a league min deal and start in the AHL.

I don’t mind these types of moves picking up guys who’ve underperformed on bad teams. Sometimes your can scrub the stink off them and find a useful player for cheap.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Don’t be mislead by the hits number. 159 of them had to be almost a full second after the defenseman completed an outlet pass while Erne was on the forecheck. 120 of them were charmin soft bumps.

I promise you guys, he’s a major downgrade on Kostin.
I dunno. Normal Kostin was a pretty big downgrade on 8 game hot streak Kostin.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I have never ever heard of this guy lol. Never seen his name written anywhere nor anything on tv.

He was a pretty big deal, way back in Juniors. Scored quite a few points, made a WJC team, etc.

But since then, he's pretty much just bounced around the fringes. On the periphery with a few teams and just barely working his way in as a 4th line/depth winger for Detroit. He's certainly put in the effort to molding his game into something serviceable as a spare forward/callup type guy. But probably not a player you want to have in your everyday roster.

If he earns a spot with Edmonton, it's probably as a guy they think can be slipped through waivers to stash in the AHL as an additional layer of depth who can play some NHL minutes if called upon, and not hurt you too bad.

Nothing wrong with that. Though it's interesting he chose to take his chances with Edmonton. They seem relatively deep in terms of guys competing for those last few bottom-6/depth roles at the fringes.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
The Oilers likely only have one spot available on the 4th line. It will push guys like Holloway as well. Good to have competition in camp.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
1694730815729.png

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

sepster

Gerard Gallant is my Spirit Animal
Aug 19, 2005
North of the 'D"
Erne's peak in Detroit was when there was a brief moment back in 2019 when he, Tyler Bertuzzi, and Christoffer Ehn were all on the Wings and healthy at the same time, prompting hope for a Bert-Ehn-Erne line.

That was it. That was the best he had as a Wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad