PTO: [EDM] F Adam Erne signs PTO with the Oilers (signed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
We were just talking about him and the Oilers a couple of days ago. Honest player and his hands aren’t garbage either. He’s a great fit. The only problem is, available roster spots.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pretty useless guy, likely doesnt make their team but could go to AHL and serve as depth in case of injuries

Oilera are pretty deep at forward

Mcdavid
Draisaitl
RNH
Hyman
Kane
Brown
McCleod
Foegele
Holloway
Ryan
Lavoie
Janmark
Reminds me of what everyone said when we traded for Klim Kostin.

Signing Erne is what some said we should do right after we traded Kostin.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Maybe he’s willing to sign a 2 way because the Oilers can only run 12F. I don’t get it.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
I have never ever heard of this guy lol. Never seen his name written anywhere nor anything on tv.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He’s heavy and will throw his weight around a lot.

160 hits last year IIRC and plays either wing. I see the fit.

Been watching highlights. Can definitely see that in his game. He could be a more physical (effort wise) Kostin who the Oilers just lost. But is worse than Kostin on pretty much every metric by eye. I think Kostin would hit harder, but wouldn’t do it as often as Erne

• Haha
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I have never ever heard of this guy lol. Never seen his name written anywhere nor anything on tv.
Then you’ll probably appreciate him. He’s a bottom six player who will throw his body around and he wins battles in the corners. He’ll give you an occasional goal. His hands are actually pretty good. He’ll drop the gloves too.

He’s played for Tampa and Detroit.

With Kostin gone, they will need a couple of players to win those battles in the playoffs. To wear down the opposing D. Right now, that’s a question mark. So he probably has a good chance to make the team, if he comes to camp and throws his body around.

If it’s between him and Sam, I’m probably going with Sam, because he can play multiple positions, but I wanna make sure other guys are throwing their bodies around. If the bottom 6 is soft in camp, then I’m signing Erne over Sam.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Then you’ll probably appreciate him. He’s a bottom six player who will throw his body around and he wins battles in the corners. He’ll give you an occasional goal. His hands are actually pretty good. He’ll drop the gloves too.

He’s played for Tampa and Detroit.

With Kostin gone, they will need a couple of players to win those battles in the playoffs. To wear down the opposing D. Right now, that’s a question mark. So he probably has a good chance to make the team, if he comes to camp and throws his body around.

If it’s between him and Sam, I’m probably going with Sam, because he can play multiple positions, but I wanna make sure other guys are throwing their bodies around. If the bottom 6 is soft in camp, then I’m signing Erne over Sam.
Edmonton has contract spots to spare. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they signed both and tried to sneak someone through waivers.

Reactions: Petes2424

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Edmonton has contract spots to spare. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they signed both and tried to sneak someone through waivers.
If they have the spots, I’d be surprised if they didn’t sign both then. Erne cleared last year but only because he made $2 million. They can probably sneak him through at the beginning of the season, but you never know. A team has a 4th line injury, he’s plug and play. It’s worth the effort though.

He’s been one of the players I’ve said the Oilers should go get after they lost Kostin, because he comes cheap, he’s a banger and he kills penalties. But really importantly, like I said earlier, you get an honest effort every single night. He’s night trying to save his body for the playoffs.. At less than $1 million, they’ll get their money’s worth. Especially as they try matching what Vegas has in their bottom 6.

It’s a really good fit IMO.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I thought this guy was in his mid 30s only to find out hes only 28. I feel like that name has been around the league forever

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
160 hits last year IIRC and plays either wing. I see the fit.

Don’t be mislead by the hits number. 159 of them had to be almost a full second after the defenseman completed an outlet pass while Erne was on the forecheck. 120 of them were charmin soft bumps.

I promise you guys, he’s a major downgrade on Kostin.

Last edited:
Reactions: PenskyMaterial
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad