illpucks

May 26, 2011
Ignoring contracts, comment on this trade

TO EDM:
Debrincat
Strome

To CHI:
Draisaitl

Why? McDavid is back with his Otters linemates. Drai, a 105 pt player, is with Toews.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Hawks get the best player but Oilers take a risk Strome can be a 60-70 point C and Debringcat can mostly replace Drai on McDavid's wing.

Oilers get deeper. Interesting proposal.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Heck no. Those are 2 really good players, but not enough to move on from Drai. Drai’s finished top 10 in scoring 2 of the last 3 years
Huh? Those 3 tore up the Otters. And Debrincat has 41 goals in year 2.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ignoring contracts, comment on this trade

TO EDM:
Debrincat
Strome

To CHI:
Draisaitl

Why? McDavid is back with his Otters linemates. Drai, a 105 pt player, is with Toews.

No thanks honestly

Draisaitl is an amazing player but I think Debrincat can be a 50 goal guy in future and Strome the upside as 60/70 pts C to me is good enough that I would rather not deplete depth of team going forward

It took Hawks a few years to rebuild depth of forward group and moving two young top 6 forwards for a star top 6 forward in Draisaitl while appealing to me would lead to issues with rest of Hawks lineup

I really and curious to see a Toews/Strome/Dach down middle soon and love Debrincat game

I think both teams would say they are fine with current situations and not pull trigger

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
This is such an 80s trade. Now? On the one hand, Oilers don't need another C. On the other, I'd love to see McDavid move to RW and just have his team's whole strategy be setting him up for breakaways. That said, the perfect C for that line would be Draisaitl.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I don’t do it as a Chicago fan.

Draisaitl is awesome/underrated, though.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
LOL are you serious? As a neutral fans Oilers should say no IMO and only do this trade if they think it makes
them harder to play against.

Yep serious. I'm not saying bad about the player coming back, he's awesome. Cat and Strome are worth it for me to keep together going forward.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Draosaitl doesn’t come with Mcdavid feed him so no. Drai isn’t even a true center either nor is he ever getting in the top 10 in scoring away from McDavid. He is a winger that benefits from his center that is somehow paraded as a top C

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
Love Draisaitl as a player, but I wouldn’t do it as a Hawks fan, not after the year Strome and Debrincat just had.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
And Strome/Debrincat don't come with a 60 pt defenseman.

Unlike Drai away from McDavid those two produce regardless of who is deployed with them take away Gustafsson on the back end and they still are dynamic. Drai was mediocre when used as a center away from McDavid. His only good seasons were with McDavid holding his hand.

Not a top center, can’t produce as a center, no reason for Chi to do this

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No. Both good players coming back in return, but Draisaitl is simply a couple tiers better and signed to a great contract for 6 more years.

Reactions: Gh0st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad